Ram 1500 vs Toyota Tundra 10 Months into Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am 10 months into owning my 2014 Ram after being a Toyota tundra owner. I have to say I am very pleased with my purchase. Gas mileage has been the biggest plus with my Ram. I am getting 4 to 7 more miles per gallon wow towing or just driving. I have to say the seats in my Toyota tundra or slightly more comfortable but hard to compare because I went from leather to cloth seats in my Ram.
Other than having the fuel sensor changed for free by the dealership my truck has been maintenance free. Very happy with my purchase so far

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Care to comment on the difference in ride quality? Which one has a nicer, smoother ride?

OP
OP
Ram1967

Ram1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is difficult to compare right now. When hauling my 19 foot center consul I think my Ram pulls my boat with less effort. Unfortunately my Ram Came with new Duraturn MT tire. Very aggressive tread I have not gotten around to putting a more mild set of tires like the Nitto G2 or Cooper ST Maxx I had on my Tundra. I will say to me the front end of my Ram
Is more jewelry than my tundra. Tires are next on my list of items

brny67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just traded in my 08 Tacoma, for a 16 Express...wow the Express is hands down a better truck. Not apples to apples but still.
Congrats on your purchase!

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 16 trd pro tundra before my current megacab 2500.The Toyota was a beautiful truck but my ram does everything better

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Gen1 double cab tundra owner converted to a 1500 crew cab 6'4" bed ecodiesel owner checking in. I initially missed my Tundra, but quickly fell in love with the Ram.