Ram 2021 uneven front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackT

Reaction score
Hi i bought a new ram classic and noticed the uneven front end and alot of others flaws only once it was bought. Now i really regret my purchase because it have too much imperfections everywhere like scratches and bumps in the paint, there are some very small spots where i can see the metal... but actually I wanted to know what you think about the front. If it is normal or not as it look very uneven to me with the headlights and the spaces with the bumper. I wish i would never bought that lemon. What a shame. I wonder if it is the norm... with Ram Classics to have so much flaws everywhere.
4F69F05B-D5AF-4E47-A255-6F4ECFE47102.jpeg5C5797CF-36C5-4637-A407-CBF905A62E36.jpeg455C67DA-C8C8-4532-AC18-90A876B20E5B.jpeg

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both my RAM 1500 AND 2500 have had these issues. Minor aesthetic imperfections... not a big deal.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You bought a ram if you wanted perfect body panels should have bought a Ford. My buddy points that out to me all the time when he sees my power wagon. his is much better than mine.

OP
OP
J

JackT

Reaction score
When i look at ram videos on youtube all are made better than mine. It really **** me off. Everywhere i look on my ram there is a flaw, scratch or something that dont fit as it should or is not as it should to **** me off. Even the clear plastic in front of the speedometer is scratched. Both my vehicles before never had that. I am very disappointed of my ram for a brand new vehicle. I should have really inspected it better before taking it as i now wish i would never bought it :( after looking at others ram i truly find that mine is one of the worst i have ever seen specially for a brand new ram truck .

Here are some videos to compare with the front of my ram.

https://youtu.be/T03IdQu4EGM
https://youtu.be/gGdmiBxZXxw
https://youtu.be/PIFjWEibdRA
https://youtu.be/HFBRRzQrF3k
https://youtu.be/_r8Yy1FlcTw

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you think that is bad look at the new C8 Vette. Mine isn't perfect either. I really dont think any vehicle make or model is perfect. Nice looking truck!

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2021 Tradesman classic. It has the two piece bumper in the front. I noticed on the driver side, the upper valance and the lower steel don't line up like they do on the passenger side.

To me on mine, I feel like the plastic upper valance is what is not shaped rights, it's almost as if it's flared outward where it meets the steel lower section.

I think if I used some sort of fastener in the wheel well, I could fix the upper valance to the wheel well cover and keep it straight. But it doesn't bother me that much to jump on it right away. It's down the line on things that I want to happen with truck.

No one is ever gonna notice these uneven things passing by...I feel like we are hyper sensitive to inaccuracies on our own vehicles...

Just like the human body. It just seems that everything is symmetrical when in fact arms or legs might be slightly longer than the other.

To meet it seems like the

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don’t beat your self up , you will think less and less about this . Mine is a 14 with similar issues and it still looks like it did when I first noticed . now go look how well the bed lines up .ha ha ha

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don’t beat your self up , you will think less and less about this . Mine is a 14 with similar issues and it still looks like it did when I first noticed . now go look how well the bed lines up .ha ha ha
Mine was pretty bad when I got it. After the hail got the hood, I guess you could call him my uncle who is an excellent paint and body guy fixed the miss alignments in the front end and even has my fiberglass hood fitting almost perfect.

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When i look at ram videos on youtube all are made better than mine. It really **** me off. Everywhere i look on my ram there is a flaw, scratch or something that dont fit as it should or is not as it should to **** me off. Even the clear plastic in front of the speedometer is scratched. Both my vehicles before never had that. I am very disappointed of my ram for a brand new vehicle. I should have really inspected it better before taking it as i now wish i would never bought it :( after looking at others ram i truly find that mine is one of the worst i have ever seen specially for a brand new ram truck .

Here are some videos to compare with the front of my ram.

https://youtu.be/T03IdQu4EGM
https://youtu.be/gGdmiBxZXxw
https://youtu.be/PIFjWEibdRA
https://youtu.be/HFBRRzQrF3k
https://youtu.be/_r8Yy1FlcTw
Don't obsess over it man. My RAM 2500 cost a pretty penny and I noticed a lot of flaws as well. I just shrugged it off and know that when I go to sell it the next guy is going to have no idea either. These things are made by humans (or at least assembled) for humans. Precise machining still only goes so far.

OP
OP
J

JackT

Reaction score
Still about 90% of the ram made since 2009 to the classics 2021 like mine are closer to perfection than mine. And mine does have plenty of others imperfections that disappoint me beside that. I really regret buying this ram classic. Its one of the worst i have ever seen for a new ram truck with its scratches and spots to the metal and all the flaws. I am ashamed to have bought that. I wanted better but now unless i want to throw my money in the garbage even more well i am stuck with it.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wait until it starts ticking...lol... Then youll really have something to complain about... *****

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Body panels can be adjusted
The alignment holes are generally elongated
It usually takes 2 people to push/pull loosen/tighten

OEM body panels are always the same size
After market parts may longer/shorter thicker/thinner

If you ever watched tv shows like Restoration Garage & many others
they often show you how to make adjustments.

My buddy & i have disassembled vehicles in my driveway & reassembled them using things like paint stir sticks or scraps of metal as spacers.
It is not always spaced right the first time that everything is bolted up, but that is when you grab a beverage or smoke & stare at it, trying to think just what went wrong

It can be fun, or frustrating, but when you get it right, you are almost happy to jump into the next step

OP
OP
J

JackT

Reaction score
@GTyankee I never did such things so I’m really afraid that i would do worse than better.

@DILLIGAF Do the ticking problem is concerning the v6 pentastar? Cause thats what i have.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You bought a ram if you wanted perfect body panels should have bought a Ford. My buddy points that out to me all the time when he sees my power wagon. his is much better than mine.

you cant be serious. the beer can fords have their fair share of misaligned panel gaps and body lines. go to a ford forum and youll see. they also have plenty with superduty lean which is when the driver side is 1/2 to 1in lower then passenger.

misalignment between cab ,bed and bumpers is easy to fix with a ratchet and a few sockets and a small bit of common sense. aligning doors to the cab is a bit more involved but probly still doable for a sharp weekend warrior, or they can have the dealer do it ,if theyre in over their head

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@GTyankee I never did such things so I’m really afraid that i would do worse than better.

@DILLIGAF Do the ticking problem is concerning the v6 pentastar? Cause thats what i have.
well the pentastar is famous for cylinder head issues and oil filter cooler issues.....

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I totally understand where you're coming from having just spent a ton of money on these truck but In my opinion, there isnt a vehicle on the planet that came out of the factory in perfect condition. Some are closer than others but never are they 100% perfect. My 11 ram had some paint finish issues as does my brand new 21 BTS. You can spot imperfections on a Chip Foose custom vehicle if you look hard enough. My point is, if its bothering you that much take it back to the dealer and see what they'll do for you but I certainly wouldn't over think it. Judging solely from the pictures you posted it doesn't look too bad.

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you could do it over what would u do?

Buying cars all the time isn't something I'm doing a lot, so I don't really have much of a basis for comparison like between car manufacturers. I cant imagine that there are any manufacturers who mass produce a flawless product, but this is only speculation.

I got stuck buying my classic because single cab, 8 foot bed trucks were not an option for other 1500 models, from Ram...

I love the way the Rams look compared to other makes, but that's just me

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 21 Classic Tradesman also has an assembly appearance issue. Initially noticed it based on where the front valance meets the bumper; and I thought it was a bumper issue. However, after getting a grille guard installed, and then also checking where the cab meets the bed, it appears the cab is just slightly off center towards the driver's side.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
When I bought my 2018 2500 BH 4x4, the cab and bed both had to be moved on the frame. They were so far off that people would stop me to tell me that one of the rear doors was open, because it protruded out from the bed side by a lot. The fender flares were falling off as well, had to be removed and reattached.

Was covered under warranty but still several trips to two dealers, pita. QC in Saltillo is in the crapper. I’ve had a 2005, 2006, 2012, 2016 and now this 2018, all HDs, and each year has been a little bit worse in terms of QC.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When I bought my 2018 2500 BH 4x4, the cab and bed both had to be moved on the frame. They were so far off that people would stop me to tell me that one of the rear doors was open, because it protruded out from the bed side by a lot. The fender flares were falling off as well, had to be removed and reattached.

Was covered under warranty but still several trips to two dealers, pita. QC in Saltillo is in the crapper. I’ve had a 2005, 2006, 2012, 2016 and now this 2018, all HDs, and each year has been a little bit worse in terms of QC.
So a dealer can move a cab?