Ram 2500 Tuner Recommendations (6.4L Hemi)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KUArmyDoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Team:

Has anyone found a viable tuner for the 2014 Ram 2500 (with 6.4L Hemi)?

I've found the "DiabloSport 7302 Predator P2 Performance Tuner" but cannot find any specific reviews from 2014 Ram 2500 (6.4L) users.

Has anyone found a tuner they like for this truck? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

KUAD

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Either the Diablo I3 or T2 with custom tuning are the way to go. With the Hemifever custom tuning, the 6.4 hemi trucks are picking up about 30hp/Tq to the wheels.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got my Diablosport I2 programmer and custom Hemifever tune package from Moe's Performance.

I was very very pleased with the results. Moe's price was super competitive, Hemifever's service and tuning was outstanding and the programmer was easy to use.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Either the Diablo I3 or T2 with custom tuning are the way to go. With the Hemifever custom tuning, the 6.4 hemi trucks are picking up about 30hp/Tq to the wheels.

I used a different tuner but I can attest custom tunes from a reputable tuner is a night and day difference. I hated having to drive my truck on a canned tune vs my custom one.

OP
OP
K

KUArmyDoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my Diablosport I2 programmer and custom Hemifever tune package from Moe's Performance.

I was very very pleased with the results. Moe's price was super competitive, Hemifever's service and tuning was outstanding and the programmer was easy to use.
Thanks Maddog!

Is this the tuner you use: https://www.amazon.com/DiabloSport-I2010-inTune-i2-Tuner/dp/B011SUWP0S

If it is not the same, can you post a link, or info on the one you've found useful?

After I buy a tuner, do I send it off to "Mo's Performance" for the Hemifever data load?

Thanks again, I appreciate your feedback.

KUAD

OP
OP
K

KUArmyDoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a different tuner but I can attest custom tunes from a reputable tuner is a night and day difference. I hated having to drive my truck on a canned tune vs my custom one.
Red: Which tuner and custom data load did you use?

KUAD

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Red: Which tuner and custom data load did you use?

KUAD

I used Jay Greene of Greene racing.

How it works

You load the i3 onto your truck with any of the available canned tunes so that it marries your truck and creates the back up your tuner will need.

You will then connect the i3 to the PC to send the tuner the backup pcm/tcm files via email.

They'll ask what modifications you're running and then the custom tunes will come usually within 24 hours but results will vary between tuners.

Now the key here is when you download and transfer the files to the i3 they must go in the root "main" folder! If you make the mistake of putting them in the tunes folder the truck will never see them.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You will purchase a programmer, then install it on your truck.

You will contact the tuner (I used Hemifever) and make the arrangements for a custom tune. They will have questions for you on what sort of modifications you have (intake, exhaust, tires/wheel sizes, etc....) and what, if any, specific tuning tweaks you want like what octane will you be running (I ran 92) whether or not you want MDS turned off (I specifically asked for that to be done) and anything else that you would like to address like WOT shift points, etc..

You will then log the truck's performance using the programmer. Then you'll download them to your PC and send your logs and last written tune via email to the tuner.

They will perform the tuning tweaks and send you a tune file via email. You'll load that tune file onto your programmer, then install it on the truck much like you did when you first programmed your vehicle. You'll log again, then send back the logs to the tuner for another tweak. I think I did this three times with Hemifever.

Note what hemi450hp said about the programmer warranty and cost of tunes. By the time you add it all up it may be cheaper to go with a new I3 programmer.

Also note what RedSTR4Me said about saving the tune files you are sent in the right place on the programmer when you get them.

You will get instructions on most of this with your custom program.

Compuls1ve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you buy an i3 tuner, make sure it's the Platinum... That one will allow you to use the custom CMR tuning feature.
I bought mine refurbished from Amazon for significantly less than retail. I recently got a Jay Greene tune installed on my nearly stock 5.7, and there's a pretty significant difference.

Mach123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 6.7 diesel 350 k, 2007 f170 396k
If you buy an i3 tuner, make sure it's the Platinum... That one will allow you to use the custom CMR tuning feature.
I bought mine refurbished from Amazon for significantly less than retail. I recently got a Jay Greene tune installed on my nearly stock 5.7, and there's a pretty significant difference.
Whats the most hp from a custom tune

Mach123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 6.7 diesel 350 k, 2007 f170 396k

Whats the most hp you can get of a custom tune for the 2014 6.4 hemi.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Around 30--give or take
Jay

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Maybe 30HP at the flywheel....30-22%=23.4HP at wheels
With no bolt-ons maybe not that much........worth it though just for the transmission programming.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
allright guys, i went with an outfit called "American Muscle Performance" out of pompano beach Florida

bought a used PCM from a junkyard and had it sent to AMP
they unlocked it and reprogammed it
better throttle response and a little peppier, but without a before and after dyno, no telling what the true gains are

AMP4X4

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
allright guys, i went with an outfit called "American Muscle Performance" out of pompano beach Florida

bought a used PCM from a junkyard and had it sent to AMP
they unlocked it and reprogammed it
better throttle response and a little peppier, but without a before and after dyno, no telling what the true gains are
That was me who unlocked it, Thank you for the business. If you need a custom tune one day let me know as we also offer remote tuning for Diablosport and HP Tuners

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was me who unlocked it, Thank you for the business. If you need a custom tune one day let me know as we also offer remote tuning for Diablosport and HP Tuners
Awesome
Didnt know your on here aswell

There is a chance I may need a custom tune, shortly after I installed the PCM I noticed an exhaust manifold leak, so im hunting down a set of ARH headers

I'm sure once those go on, it would benefit from a tweak

I do not have diablo or HP, which I do not believe support the 2500

But with me buying a second PCM, I can just ship you the unlocked one and have you work your magic on it in house...unless you could so it through an OBDlink

AMP4X4

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Awesome
Didnt know your on here aswell

There is a chance I may need a custom tune, shortly after I installed the PCM I noticed an exhaust manifold leak, so im hunting down a set of ARH headers

I'm sure once those go on, it would benefit from a tweak

I do not have diablo or HP, which I do not believe support the 2500

But with me buying a second PCM, I can just ship you the unlocked one and have you work your magic on it in house...unless you could so it through an OBDlink
Just signed up here today, we can definitely do a bench tune. However HP tuners does support your truck as well.