Ram Dealers begging for positive ratings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have been driving Chrysler products for over forty years and have always had good luck with the dealers and service. Most of the dealers I have delt with know me because I generally get to know sales and service people before I ever purchase a vehicle and I mean going by and visiting for months and making friends. I have never been ask or begged to fill out surveys and give high scores at the dealership I deal with. Once I have gotten to know the people there they have always gone the extra mile to take care of me and my vehicle. My 2019 Ram Laramie I purchased at the first of the year didn't have the power running boards on it from the factory so the owner of the dealership put the factory power running boards on for me at his cost and two hours labor charge. I was very pleased with the price and now have Mopar parts that are under warranty like the rest of the truck. When I do receive a survey I have no problem giving high scores.

pakuma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As a retired FCA Dealer General Manager, these surveys mean a lot to the dealer. They can help with some incentives, but the most important part is that some some Dealers tie peoples pay into theses scores, and in some rare cases employment. I never did any of these things because I wanted true evaluations from our clients. I always strived to have my employees give the best they had to our clients and our scores showed it, all we did was ask for them to complete surveys.

OP
OP
tap4154

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
And just remember, if you don't answer the survey, they will harass and hound dog you to death until you do! I recently had my car (not an FCA product) in the dealer for recall and maintenance work done. I got tired of being pestered and answered the survey honestly. A couple of things were below par, and I gave them below 10 ratings. Not long afterwards, The service adviser called me near tears. He claimed that my "Zero" rating was going to result in a 900 dollar hit on his bonus. Talk about using guilt tripping!

The whole thing is a fraud. Not considering and evaluating a mid level rating doesn't foster honesty across the board. It promotes a vitriolic competitive culture. No wonder dealers are so demonized!

I didn't get any calls to answer the survey, but did and do get emails. I ignore them. Soon after I wrote my scathing Yelp review of the dealer I purchased at they did call to schedule an expedited oil change, but I called back and told them I'm already using another dealer and will never use them for the reasons stated. But in fact, as I said, I'm doing my own oil changes now anyway, and will only go to the dealer for necessary recalls or warranty work. They can do their own surveys. Not my job to determine who gets a fat bonus etc.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As a retired FCA Dealer General Manager, these surveys mean a lot to the dealer. They can help with some incentives, but the most important part is that some some Dealers tie peoples pay into theses scores, and in some rare cases employment. I never did any of these things because I wanted true evaluations from our clients. I always strived to have my employees give the best they had to our clients and our scores showed it, all we did was ask for them to complete surveys.

Now that your retired I think you could get rich going around doing seminars for a good portion of the dealerships and teach them "good customer service, beginning with sales all the way through service. Although the internet itself seems to be a magnet for horror stories concerning car dealerships it seems like FCA needs a little boost in customer treatment and service. I agree with DA Smith--if you can make it a personal relationship with the employees you seem to get better service and treatment---I personally think it's time well spent. Right or wrong-I don't know, but it works for me
Jay

Last edited:

SilverFatBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yes, the feeling I get is that there ARE severe consequences if they get less than a 9 or 10. I mean they seem in constant fear of losing their jobs if they don't get that 10. That's a hostile work environment IMHO.

Here's the latest email from the dealer's manager, with names redacted:

Chrysler Corporation has recently emailed you at xxxxxxxxx.com about your last service visit to xxxxxxx Jeep Chrysler Dodge Fiat. The email is from “dealership experience survey”, if you need to search for it. This is a very important survey about how your experience was with your Service advisor xxxx xxxx. If you could please take a moment of your time to complete the survey in full, I would really appreciate it. The questions about your personal information can be skipped. Some of my Customers find this email in the “spam or junk “ folders.

Scores of a 9 or 10 “Truly Exceptional” are the only scores that count, everything else is considered a zero. If there is anything, I can do that we might have missed that would prevent your scoring a 9 or 10, please contact me and tell me what I can do.

So, which was longer, your response, or "War & Peace"? lol

SilverFatBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
This probably doesn't make much difference, as I purchased my Dodge/Ram new in 1997, but my salesman begged me to give him the written survey to fill out. He promised me a "free oil change" (it's a CTD) if I did. As I was a OTR truck driver at the time, my step-father gave it to him. To my surprise & disgust, the owner of the dealership died & the entire dealership went out of business. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for my "free oil change", but ain't holding my breath.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A real good family friend worked at a FCA dealership that shut down. When I asked him about it he said they didn't recieve enough "high rating" (maybe these 10s?) so FCA wouldn't give them their products.

Idk though ratings don't always tell the whole story. I personally absolute hate any dealerships

UKreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just had the first oil change done. Service was good but not spectacular. I ignored the first review. Did the second. I gave 7’s across the board. Like I said service was good but not worth a 10. When my keys sit on the service advisor’s desk for 15 minutes after my truck was washed and waiting outside nobody is getting a 10. My time has a value. So I got a phone call from FCA today wanting to discuss my review. I was pushed for time so I said no. I’m interested after reading all the comments on why 10’s are so important. If they really want a 10 from me service and the waiting environment has to be really top notch.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, I still believe giving a 10 is like saying they are perfect and can do no better. NO ONE is beyond improvement.

How about this - is a 10 on an oil change worth the same amount as a 10 on an engine replacement? What if I hand out a 10 for a simple oil change, then later in life the dealer actually does something good (ha!)...do they now get an 11?

Because in my mind, hell no. And thinking back I dont think Ive ever had "10" service on a simple oil change, from ANY dealer of ANY brand.

Duane Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L - Diesel
This is my follow up email from the dealer.......

Hello!

I am following up on your recent service visit with us. I want to ensure your service advisor took good care of you. Please note that anything at an 8 or below is counted as a ZERO.

If you can submit your survey TODAY you will be entered in to a drawing for a gift card to be given away at the end of JULY! On top of that the first 3 will receive a FREE Tire Rotation! If for any reason you feel your experience was anything less than exceptional please reach out to me at ***-***-xxxx or you can reply to this email before submitting so we can understand what happened and how we can make things right and improve.

**Be sure to check your email (including JUNK/SPAM) for an email from DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE SURVEY to locate the survey. This email was sent on Monday July 22nd. Thank you SO much for your time!

OP
OP
tap4154

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
This is my follow up email from the dealer.......

Hello!

I am following up on your recent service visit with us. I want to ensure your service advisor took good care of you. Please note that anything at an 8 or below is counted as a ZERO.

If you can submit your survey TODAY you will be entered in to a drawing for a gift card to be given away at the end of JULY! On top of that the first 3 will receive a FREE Tire Rotation! If for any reason you feel your experience was anything less than exceptional please reach out to me at ***-***-xxxx or you can reply to this email before submitting so we can understand what happened and how we can make things right and improve.

**Be sure to check your email (including JUNK/SPAM) for an email from DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE SURVEY to locate the survey. This email was sent on Monday July 22nd. Thank you SO much for your time!

"On top of that the first 3 will receive a FREE Tire Rotation!"

Tire rotation is $18 at the Ram dealer I'm using now. Hardly worth an exclamation point :cool:

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i wonder how it is that we are not getting these surveys as canadians even though it has been alluded to? i would be happy to share experiences. i can give them all f'ing afternoon on the phone. lol.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rated surveys are annoying. in my old life i had to do employee reviews with my staff. the first mistake made was the company tied potential salary increases to your employee review, so of course trying to give constructive criticism and anything less than a 5 (perfect) pissed people off. a 3 was average, a 4 was exceptional so in my mind there was nothing to be ashamed of in getting in a 4. even a 3 depending on your duties in the company. but it pissed pple off left and right even though in truth, if you were at the top of your salary range and a 5, you weren't going to get a salary increase until the next head office salary matrix review was done which only happened about once every 5 years. the other issue was it was extremely difficult to give a 5 as it involved as a manager, submitting a report to the founder/owner of a 17,000 employee company to explain why you felt someone deserved a 5, what your plan was to give that employee greater opportunities. then that had to be sent to your VP, sent to the division CEO, sent to the overall company CFO and the head of company for review. and they could still say thats great you think they are a 5, but i see them as a 4.

i wonder some days my head didn't explode with all the red tape.

DM1204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While it isnt FCA related I work for a company that ocassionaly sends out survey emails to customers; Voice of The Customer type surveys.
"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest please tell us how we did today."

Anything less than an 9 or 10 is negative. 8 or 7 is neutral so doesnt help increase our overall satisfaction when we receive negative reviews of 7 or lower.

It is stupid. Then you're expected to grovel to them and apologize for not living up to company standards.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

OP
OP
tap4154

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
While it isnt FCA related I work for a company that ocassionaly sends out survey emails to customers; Voice of The Customer type surveys.
"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest please tell us how we did today."

Anything less than an 9 or 10 is negative. 8 or 7 is neutral so doesnt help increase our overall satisfaction when we receive negative reviews of 7 or lower.

It is stupid. Then you're expected to grovel to them and apologize for not living up to company standards.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The obvious solution is:

How do you rate our service on your Ram today?

Please check next to your rating:

___ 10

___ 0