ram heating issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
excuse me if this is in the wrong spot first time on the forum.

2011 ram big horn 5.7 190k on it i am getting more heat out pass side them i am driver side. Now i have owned many dodges so i went and flushed heater core got all air out ect pass side heat is great burning hot drivers side is hot for a sec then u hear something change and it goes to warm i also noticed that if i turn it to cold i get way more air out the drivers side .... i checked blend door under glove box what else could cause this? ac also works fine cold out both sides.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the same problem on my 09. The vents are on either side of the stereo, but one blows hot and the other does not. There has to be something behind there

OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i even burped te core and flushed again 1 more time pass side is perfect drivers side warm ish

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
excuse me if this is in the wrong spot first time on the forum.

2011 ram big horn 5.7 190k on it i am getting more heat out pass side them i am driver side. Now i have owned many dodges so i went and flushed heater core got all air out ect pass side heat is great burning hot drivers side is hot for a sec then u hear something change and it goes to warm i also noticed that if i turn it to cold i get way more air out the drivers side .... i checked blend door under glove box what else could cause this? ac also works fine cold out both sides.
The door you see from the glove box is just the recirculating door, there is 4 more doors in the hvac box, two blend doors and two mode doors, it’s probably one of the blend doors.

OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The door you see from the glove box is just the recirculating door, there is 4 more doors in the hvac box, two blend doors and two mode doors, it’s probably one of the blend doors.

any idea what one would do heat on drivers side? its weird when i turn it to cold i get more air out the drivers vent and both sides are even. Heat lil less out drivers and warm. also all directional modes work floor feet ect.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
any idea what one would do heat on drivers side? its weird when i turn it to cold i get more air out the drivers vent and both sides are even. Heat lil less out drivers and warm. also all directional modes work floor feet ect.
No, sorry. You will need to take the dash apart to figure out witch one it is but while your in there, might as well change them all cause that’s not a job you want to do twice.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I questioned this a while ago, never did get it rectified. Depending on how big the difference is, I suspect that's just how they are

Passenger side heat issue

You could try a calibration if you don't have ATC, it costs nothing to try it

HVAC Manual Recalibration

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low
-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.
-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.
-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I questioned this a while ago, never did get it rectified. Depending on how big the difference is, I suspect that's just how they are

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.
-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

ty wil try this nothing to loos before its torn apart...

OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Didnt fix it was worth a shot tho i guess

OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
actually after driving it 2 times it seams to have improved a lil i re calibrated 3 more times lol what the hell but still not 100% il tear the dash out and replace everything in summer good enough for now.
Ty for the help

OP
OP
W

willis123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK guys i fixed it... back to having normal heat :banana-mario: was the most stupid thing to apparently even tho it doesn't matter on most vehicles IT DOES ON THIS ONE!!! heater core hoses where backwards flow out is bottom return is top

AKSteven34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@willis123 what did you do differently once you identified the hoses? Did you flush the heater core again? Thanks