Ram Heavy Duty Mud Flaps Keep snow of Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thought I'd throw up a couple of pictures to show how well the heavy duty ram mud flaps due at keeping your running / step board or tubes clear of snow and road slop. In addition, I have also noticed that they keep the road grime from building up on the rockers at the door seal. Until I installed these I was always wiping down the the rocket/door jam area whenever it rained etc. as muck would get up in there.

I will advice picking up a couple of large body pin clips used to hold on inner fender skirts and other plastic body pieces particularly for the 2019 classic as the top hole that the screw is supposed to just screw in to has nothing in which to retain/screw in too. I ended up using a piece of rubber hose temporarily to retain the screw. You have to have something for the top mounting hole or the mud flap will not stay up against the body.
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice, thanks for posting.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought I'd throw up a couple of pictures to show how well the heavy duty ram mud flaps due at keeping your running / step board or tubes clear of snow and road slop. In addition, I have also noticed that they keep the road grime from building up on the rockers at the door seal. Until I installed these I was always wiping down the the rocket/door jam area whenever it rained etc. as muck would get up in there.

I will advice picking up a couple of large body pin clips used to hold on inner fender skirts and other plastic body pieces particularly for the 2019 classic as the top hole that the screw is supposed to just screw in to has nothing in which to retain/screw in too. I ended up using a piece of rubber hose temporarily to retain the screw. You have to have something for the top mounting hole or the mud flap will not stay up against the body.
View attachment 189139
View attachment 189140

Did you keep the black plastic splats on there or do they come off?
(thinking of running these for the winters)

Purediesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you keep the black plastic splats on there or do they come off?
(thinking of running these for the winters)

Just installed these and I removed the black plastic pieces. They hold dirt, salt and what ever else. Seen a YouTube video of a guy using older 2010 or 11 plastic pieces because they were smaller but I can't confirm this.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will add a mud flap tip. As good as it sounds don't try to improve the mounting to secure them to the truck better. Had a buddy who backed up in mud, caught the flaps and it pulled down on the fenders so hard it needed 2 new fenders, 2 new flares and bodywork on the front corners of the doors so it's okay if they tear off vs the alternative. Also the reason I have a couple short cables that hold the mud flap back to the running board bracket.

DuraFlap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a note. DuraFlap has their drill-less installation full size mud flaps for the newer generation Dodge as well as the last 3 generations. They are available in longer lengths and wider sizes for those with modified trucks as well.

2019 Dodge 1500 12in wide standard length.jpg

2014 Dodge 2500 extra long 12 in wide.JPG