Best AT tires for everyday use and snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Me personally, I like the general grabber ATP. Its great in all weather, very light rain you have to be careful in roundabouts but snow no problem and I have taken them out in a 24" dump and never came close to losing grip, No sound at all on the Hwy and they get great mileage. Its not a true AT tire yeah but for an occasional off roader like me it fits the bill. They are fairly easy on the wallet too.
Its all about what your using them for and how you want them to look. no right nor wrong

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Thanks jmc921

I will be going with the Kumhos come spring

The Good years are getting thin on tread, especially the right rear
Your welcome. Just a suggestion, if your GY has a lot of wear, I would think about replacing them sooner rather than later. Mine didn’t have good traction when they were new and tended to get worse with wear. JMO.

OP
OP
ThorsRams

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Noone mentioned Toyo RTs? I'm on my second set of 35s on my 2016, got ~75K miles on the last set and looking about the same for the current. They are quiet, balance well and look aggressive and actually have different sidewall patterns for a bit of choice in aesthetics. No issues in snow or rain, not cheap but have been a great tire for quiet aggressive look with mostly highway driving.
Dam that’s good 75k on them

redvetram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6 3.7
Know the roads you will be driving. We live in SE Idaho and, because we have both paved and nonpaved roads, snow plowing is done leaving 1-2" of snow on the roads with no salt. Once that gets driven on it gets packed and icy. So AT tires on a full sized truck do not properly grip, even Blizzacks. I've seen too many vehicles slide into an intersection. So we drive studded snow tires and feel safe and secure.
I’m in SE ID as well. I used to drive studded tires but found siped tires to be even better. And that’s with driving driving Teton Pass with its 10% grade and stupid tourists.

OP
OP
ThorsRams

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
I’m in SE ID as well. I used to drive studded tires but found siped tires to be even better. And that’s with driving driving Teton Pass with its 10% grade and stupid tourists.
Yea I like AT tires in the snow but like everything you have to know how to handle the ride and the terrain your in. Studs do help in the ice that’s for sure. I never run them anymore bc I try to have a tire on all year long and run it till it’s done. Don’t have the money for two sets of tires and rims. So far I like these tires in the dry and the rain… I’ll re post when I test them out in the winter snow we get.

Attachments

• IMG_7702.jpeg
    IMG_7702.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 7

Steve70

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2017
Engine
If you are looking for great tires all year round and especially in snow, you can't do better than Wrangler Duratracs. I put them on my old Daytona replacing a set of useless Toyos. WOW, they are awesome in snow and way quieter than the Toyo's on the highway. I bought another Ram and would replace them with my current set of Duratracs but it has K02s and they seem pretty good as well. Don't rate as well for snow, but I'll find out this winter for myself. If I don't like the KO2s, I can always swap them with the Duratracs.

Attachments

• IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3507.jpg
    IMG_3507.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3508.jpg
    IMG_3508.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 3

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP ...did you settle on (or buy) a set of tires yet?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
That’s good to know I was looking at the at3 xlt but they don’t come in my size I’d have to go up to 285x70x17 and idk if I want to do that so I might go with the at3 4s … kinda between the falken at3w..cooper at3 4s and the bfg k02 right now I do like the general grabber atx as well but seems to have less likes
FYI the AT3 4S are light duty tires ! I believe there is a heavier duty AT3 ! I do not off road so the AT34S work for me ! On my car I just installed Falken Snow tires and they seem real nice for a budget tire ! I had good luck on my RAM with NEXAN snow tires as well !

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm still a fan of the toyo open country at3. I don't tow anything heavier than a small fishing skiff, so I go with the passenger tire instead of light truck. 65k Treadway warranty, and I always get about 75-80k from a set. Dry conditions they are great, some snow- great, but a little loose on rainy roads. Here in SoCal they work perfect. Just my 2 cents