Ram ranks highest ranking American brand in loyalty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
Losing me as a long time customer. Two and a half months in the shop with a blown eco D 1500 and still waiting for parts. 60k on the engine. Something let go in the bottom end.

OP
OP
TruckNut

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guess you’ll be in the 46%. That sucks. Hope you get it resolved soon-at least you’re still under warranty.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Losing me as a long time customer. Two and a half months in the shop with a blown eco D 1500 and still waiting for parts. 60k on the engine. Something let go in the bottom end.

Perhaps you should have bought a truck with a better engine.....Eco's are known to be junk and have been known to be junk almost from the day they were introduced.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perhaps you should have bought a truck with a better engine.....Eco's are known to be junk and have been known to be junk almost from the day they were introduced.

If that's the case they should be banned from selling the Eco diesels until they work out the kinks.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I am shocked not to see Jeep near the top

raggdoll

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie, 2018 Sport, 2021 3500 6.7, 2014 Sport, 2021 Classic Night Express
Engine
hemi 5.7

Really? Doesn't this engine come from Europe (Fiat) and have a long track record of a reliable engine?

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe someone should start a poll on who's happy with or displeased with their eco diesel and why. I'd be curious to see the responses and percentages from owners. And to see if they're disappointed because the motor is having mechanical issues or because the performance isn't what they were hoping for but not because of mechanical issues.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Seems to

Hopefully you have a loaner. Sorry read of your troubles. I suspect the EPA has screwed up parts availability.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being that it is a good looking truck helps. My first Ram was a disaster. You wouldn't have thought I would buy another one. I envisioned what I wanted to do to a truck and it had to be a Ram to make it happen. Very pleased the 2nd time around and plan on getting another one. No matter what, there are some bad apples that get out the factory on most brands.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Ecodiesels seem to be hit or miss. Some ppl are on their 3rd motor - warranty from FCA.

Lots ppl leave ram after experiencing a ecodiesel.

But there are just as many that literally bought a 2nd ecodiesel already.

So it's so hit/miss

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Written communication is subjective, especially forum posts and short texts. I can take all these posts and interpret them 10 different ways, of which none could be the true intent.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Getting back on the rails......good to see ram up there competing with the supposed "superior quality" Japanese vehicles. I sure do like mine a lot!

We live in good times.....most all are decent these days.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Unfortunately a large number of people blindly believe that Mopars are all unreliable and have garbage quality. And fanboys of other brands LOVE to hit their go to "Chrysler reliability" note because it's easy and what else can they say when Mopar is building exciting stuff? There are cars that Chrysler has built over the recent decades that can raise an eye brow, but they have made massive improvements on overall fit and finish over the last 10 years. And the reputation of REAL unreliability has been blown out of proportion. Chrysler can cut down on the electrical gremlins and small issues from the factory, (which is what kills their standings on the chart) but these cars will not break down or leave you stranded any quicker than any other new car.

I have bought 3 brand new Mopars in the past few years. Ram HD and 2 Dodges. I had a minor electrical gremlin with the first Charger. Other than that there have been no issues and the quality, paint, fit and finish of all of them have been perfect. The Charger is SOLID. Inside and out. I love being in that car. It is not as fancy as the Laramie, but it feels put together just as well if not even a little better.

My parents had owned multiple Jeeps through the 90's-2000's and every single one of them was dead reliable. Literally not a single issue or gremlin over the course of ownership. One of those Jeeps they had for 13 years. Materials quality was lacking, but what were GM or Ford building in the late 90's - early 2000's that was any better?? Lol. And today Mopars take the win on interior layout and quality over GM and Ford IMO.

Most people who think Mopars have bad quality interiors today have never even sat in one... They look at pics online and follow like sheep the opinions of others. Or a journalist will knock the Charger "quality" for not having a stitched leather dash... oh boo hoo. People love to rave about the quality of the European or Japanese interiors, I have owned and spend time in a variety of both and let me tell you, the grass sure as **** isn't greener. The only one I would say is worth of actually being called out as a step above the rest is Mercedes Benz, but you do pay for it.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately a large number of people blindly believe that Mopars are all unreliable and have garbage quality. And fanboys of other brands LOVE to hit their go to "Chrysler reliability" note because it's easy and what else can they say when Mopar is building exciting stuff? There are cars that Chrysler has built over the recent decades that can raise an eye brow, but they have made massive improvements on overall fit and finish over the last 10 years. And the reputation of REAL unreliability has been blown out of proportion. Chrysler can cut down on the electrical gremlins and small issues from the factory, (which is what kills their standings on the chart) but these cars will not break down or leave you stranded any quicker than any other new car.

I have bought 3 brand new Mopars in the past few years. Ram HD and 2 Dodges. I had a minor electrical gremlin with the first Charger. Other than that there have been no issues and the quality, paint, fit and finish of all of them have been perfect. The Charger is SOLID. Inside and out. I love being in that car. It is not as fancy as the Laramie, but it feels put together just as well if not even a little better.

My parents had owned multiple Jeeps through the 90's-2000's and every single one of them was dead reliable. Literally not a single issue or gremlin over the course of ownership. One of those Jeeps they had for 13 years. Materials quality was lacking, but what were GM or Ford building in the late 90's - early 2000's that was any better?? Lol. And today Mopars take the win on interior layout and quality over GM and Ford IMO.

Most people who think Mopars have bad quality interiors today have never even sat in one... They look at pics online and follow like sheep the opinions of others. Or a journalist will knock the Charger "quality" for not having a stitched leather dash... oh boo hoo. People love to rave about the quality of the European or Japanese interiors, I have owned and spend time in a variety of both and let me tell you, the grass sure as **** isn't greener. The only one I would say is worth of actually being called out as a step above the rest is Mercedes Benz, but you do pay for it.

100%

Of course a stitched leather dash in the Charger would change everything for that interior IMO. I would trade mine in tomorrow if they offered that.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I saw a you tube video of a guy with 100,000 miles on his eco diesel in a Laramie with no major problems.