RamBox worth getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm going to get a new Ram 1500. Trying to decide if it is worth getting the rambox.

I do hunt in the fall so I thought it may come in handy. Just not sure it's worth getting. My old 2007 Ram is showing it's age. Time for a new one.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I didn't get it for mine. It looked too perm.
For me, it was I could just put a box in near front, and remove it needed.

I didn't like the look either.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wasn’t something I would use, but that’s just me.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I am on my 4th Ram with the 6.5’ Rambox. Still waiting for the 5th generation Ram to have a 6.5’ Rambox available.
In the past I had the crossbed toolbox mounted. Always trying to reach to get stuff and with the newer trucks being kinda high, it makes it more difficult to access those bed boxes.
Ramboxes are very convenient to use. I have clothing for work on one side and various tools, equipment on the passenger side. Use them everyday.

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really did not want the Rambox when we got our 2018 used, but after having them for two years I will never be without them again. They are way too handy and we use them to the max. The bed divider is also very handy. It’s nice to be able to put stuff in the bed and not worry about it sliding forward. It also comes in handy to keep stuff in place by securing items to the divider.

Attachments

• D8515572-4F06-40D1-8EC0-84916CDCA873.jpeg
    D8515572-4F06-40D1-8EC0-84916CDCA873.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 63

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
""Worth getting" is subjective. Do you need bed space or storage space. I like the idea of the ram boxes but simply cannot live with the reduced bed space they offer for how I use my truck.

Guys with ram boxes are going to say they can't live without them. Guys without are going to say they can't live with it.

Look at what you think you will use YOUR truck for and make a decision on that

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
""Worth getting" is subjective. Do you need bed space or storage space. I like the idea of the ram boxes but simply cannot live with the reduced bed space they offer for how I use my truck.

Guys with ram boxes are going to say they can't live without them. Guys without are going to say they can't live with it.

I beg to differ. We can put a full 4x8 sheet of plywood flat down. Unlike y'all that hit rear wheel wells.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I beg to differ. We can put a full 4x8 sheet of plywood flat down. Unlike y'all that hit rear wheel wells.

LOL. Wow, educate yourself before you start spewing nonsense. Hate to break your heart sugar but plywood fits flat in a regular bed all day long. And Beg to differ all you want, the math speaks for itself. Maybe a perfect sheet of plywood fits your truck but what about a load of mulch? Random stuff that isn't in perfectly squared away boxes, ATV's, motorcycles, Junk, the list goes on and on and on.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm going to get a new Ram 1500. Trying to decide if it is worth getting the rambox.

I do hunt in the fall so I thought it may come in handy. Just not sure it's worth getting. My old 2007 Ram is showing it's age. Time for a new one.
Loved my 2012 1500 Ram I had with Rambox. I did handyman work in retirement and it was a great place to carry tools, etc. I pull a 5th wheel now with a ‘21 2500 and still miss the Rambox.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went through the same debate before trading trucks. Did a lot of reading and the boxes were either a love-it or leave-it item. I liked the basic idea of the rambox but was concerned about the longevity/fitment of the lids. Also went back-&-forth on the appearance. In the end, I felt staying with a small storage box in the bed was best for me.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Now this is the most sensible answer that is going to come of this question. It is subjective to the owner PERIOD. Is it nice to have? I guess but I need all the spaxe the 6.4 bed can afford without losing what people say is just the depth of the wheel well. I personally collect firewood and LOAD the hell out of my truck. Cant store rounds in the ram boxes lol. But to make up for what they can nicely provide I have a 25gal rolling toolbox secured in the front of my bed strapped to the head wall, which contains straps, hitches, air compressor, battery cables, ect. I can remove when needed and use that space that cannot be recovered from the Rambox bed option.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to mention, way easier to wash out the bed of our Rambox bed than our prvious 2014 with regular bed where dirt and other debris kept getting trapped around the wheel wells. The non Rambox guys just have “Rambox envy”. :gr_grin:
No doubt is the Ram box a nice convenience to some who use their truck their way. Cleaning my NON- Ram box bed is as simple as can be, its a truck bed at the end of the day, park on grade, open tail gate. Wash out with soap and nice brush and rinse all out tail with hose . Done

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am happy I got the rambox when I ordered my truck. I use them all the time and I like not needing a toolbox in the bed like my past trucks have had. Also like not having anything in the way of a cover over the bed. If I have the choice, I will have the rambox in my next truck as well.