Re-doing my stereo/New Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I decided I wanted to add a 4 channel amp. Being that I wanted both amps to match I sold my kicker sub and amp and purchased a new 10" SKAR sub. On Friday I will be ordering the SKAR LP-750.1 and SKAR LP-60.4. So since I'm adding a new amp I went ahead and ordered all new rca's from Knu as well as the negative terminal to match my positive. I will be running a 0 gauge dual amp kit from Knu when they get back in stock and doing the Big 3 at the same time. I will be using my same single 10" ported FoxBox with amp rack so i'm going to build an additional rack for under the driver side rear seat to mount the 4 channel and distro blocks then spray it with bed liner. This will also hide the wires and give me a place to drill through the cab and mount my ground to the frame.

2 channel RCA
Karma SS 2 Channel 6 Meter RCA Cable - Merchandise

4 channel RCA
Karma SS 4 Channel 6 Meter RCA Cable - Merchandise

Negative Terminal
Bassik Negative Battery Terminal - Merchandise
Top Post Adapter - Negative - Merchandise

New SUB
SKAR Audio IVX-10 V2 D2 10" IVXv2 Series Car Subwoofer

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I can't wait to here your review on the Skar stuff.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I wish there was a way we could capture everything we hear in person and share it online. Maybe one day sound will catch up to video.

OP
OP
VegasDragger45

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't wait to here your review on the Skar stuff.

I've never heard or seen any SKAR stuff in person so I'm interested as well. From what I've read online people are impressed with them. I'll get everything installed then have a shop tune it before I make judgement.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I noticed that those aren't shallow mount. How much airspace do you need for those? I try to figure out if I can run those in my box.

OP
OP
VegasDragger45

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed that those aren't shallow mount. How much airspace do you need for those? I try to figure out if I can run those in my box.

Sealed : 0.5-0.85 Ft^3
Ported : 0.75-1.3 Ft^3 @ 35 Hz
Displacement : 0.10 Ft^3
Depth : 5.3"
Outside Diameter : 10.2"
Cut-Out : 9.1"
Magnet Diameter : 6.3"

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
All the subs I am looking at range for 3.7-4.0 depth. I guess I'll have to measure my box for airspace. I wish I would have shelled out the cash for a foxbox.

OP
OP
VegasDragger45

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the subs I am looking at range for 3.7-4.0 depth. I guess I'll have to measure my box for airspace. I wish I would have shelled out the cash for a foxbox.

What box do you have?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I could make a suggestion and if you have the budget, consider upping the 4 channel a higher watt model. The .80 is not much more, the 125 in the other series is considerably more but you get what you pay for.

60 watts to each speaker is not a lot. I am running 80 to each speaker and since bought another amp with the purpose of doubling watts to my doors and adding mids at 80 watts each.

I am not a fanatic for sound level, I just like sound quality and it takes some watts so if you are re-building, I would leave some room for future needs instead of having to swap or add another amp in the future.

Echo42987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I don't know much about SKAR but a lot of the guys hear seem to like their product. KnuKoncepts makes a great product that is priced very competitively. Good luck with the install. Make sure to take pictures. The Big 3 is always a great way to save on energy draw.

Side note, does anyone know what amperage our Alternators put out? I haven't seen anything.

riored4v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know much about SKAR but a lot of the guys hear seem to like their product. KnuKoncepts makes a great product that is priced very competitively. Good luck with the install. Make sure to take pictures. The Big 3 is always a great way to save on energy draw.

Side note, does anyone know what amperage our Alternators put out? I haven't seen anything.

I think the alternators are 180 amp. Pretty solid stock alt.

I personally will never use SKAR. After spending enough time on another audio forum, I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth about them.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man all they hating. They've treated me well for about two years now which I can't say about other companies I bought from.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am very happy with my Skar amp(s)... I have had two of them and I would definitely buy more. Well built and lots of power at a reasonable price.

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok...I don't want to insult what is working for you guys but I would be happy to explain why I feel the way I do. The owner of skar is a spoiled brat with a rich daddy. Daddy gives spoiled brat son money to start a company. Up til this point I might be jealous. The problem I have is that he has absolutely no clue about audio at all. he designs nothing and has almost zero knowledge of car audio. His products are build house dime a dozen amps, subs etc with a skar emblem slapped on them. He had some build house put the skar name on earbuds and the highlight of specs he listed was that they came in an attractive blister pack??? If you ever talk to him and you ask him a technical question he will have no clue what you're talking about. No thanks...Not a company I want to support. I have had quite a few conversations with Stephen mantz over the last 20 yrs. He is the type of person I want designing amps that I'll buy. The kind of amps that will still be running 20 yrs later.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't put those two companies on the same level. Mantz makes some awesome stuff no questions there. Kevin if you talk to him is an OK dude or hasn't said anything to me that has made me dislike him. Has he pissed off people, yes no doubt but he still has a bunch of great hard working guys working for him and that's who I would support. Oh and I've heard Mantz can be a jerk as well and is one engineer not a company that is making jobs for people.
I will say I also support Scott over at HAT, Jacob with Sundown, Nick at stereo integrity, and the guys over at DD/soundqubed. So no but hugging or anything like that, just will to support great companies.

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wouldn't put those two companies on the same level. Mantz makes some awesome stuff no questions there. Kevin if you talk to him is an OK dude or hasn't said anything to me that has made me dislike him. Has he pissed off people, yes no doubt but he still has a bunch of great hard working guys working for him and that's who I would support. Oh and I've heard Mantz can be a jerk as well and is one engineer not a company that is making jobs for people.
I will say I also support Scott over at HAT, Jacob with Sundown, Nick at stereo integrity, and the guys over at DD/soundqubed. So no but hugging or anything like that, just will to support great companies.

Sundown is a great example. Jacob is a true audio guy. Sundown amps are made in build houses but Jacob knows exactly what he wants when he has them built. They aren't pre-built run of the mill build house amps with his brand name thrown on the outside. I would own a sundown amp in a heartbeat. the same goes for SI or SSA. As far as mantz. yes he is an engineer but he is also a manufacturer. He does have quite a few employees. I too have also heard stories of mantz being a jerk. perhaps he's becoming a little eccentric as he gets older. not sure.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so lets leave the audio bashing to CACO and keep it going on our truck audio here. Anything that people have recommend has been solid equipment include Skar, Sundown, HAT, DD, Soundqubed, Scan, Dynaudio, Zed, Kicker, Pioneer, Alpine, Illusion, and I'm sure I've missed a few that was talked about.
OP keep going on your build and don't let people discourage your choice in equipment, its solid equipment that will last you.
Finally sorry for cluttering your thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441