Read about my first experience w/ 19 Rebel in deep snow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's funny that you think 10" is DEEP snow!
That's the lowest snowfall I've seen since the start of Feb. and we've been getting 1-2 snowstorms a week...
Towns are running out of places to put it all and most of our streets are nearly down to 1 lane traffic.
I start work at midnight and haven't missed a day yet.
This Ram is awesome.

All a matter of perception, LMAO. Since annual snowfall here is a whopping 1" - 3", 10" be a Blizzard, LOL, Just Saying

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All a matter of perception, LMAO. Since annual snowfall here is a whopping 1" - 3", 10" be a Blizzard, LOL, Just Saying

I'm really looking forward to that once we move in 5-6 years. Each winter seems to be more aggravating, the only fun part anymore is driving in it but other people ruin that because their terrified to be out in the stuff but still insist on doing it anyways.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U should see these bonafide Texans when we get some ice and snow on the roads. Like a 3 Ring Barnum and Bailey's circus act.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U should see these bonafide Texans when we get some ice and snow on the roads. Like a 3 Ring Barnum and Bailey's circus act.

So I've heard, but that's a little better to me. Up here, most people have been dealing/driving in snow most of their lives, so they have no excuse. At least down there its a rarity and not something people have all that much experience in.

R

Rogues Gambit

WOW, that could be the $64,000 question. U will get 2 replies, PPL that luv em say wait. PPL that hate 'em say Right Now. Kinda depends upon yer driving and stuff. Since U R in NJ, prob off of Hwy 35 up there, and snow and all, maybe better "shoes" be in the near future for U. If I was still there in NJ, I would have changed out. BUT now, I do not know what tires U got, not sure what OEM on REBEL. U may have a decent tire.

Down here, they put dem sorry *** SRA's on. Without a doubt, if I had to drive through Jersey weather in winter, there be better shoes on da Red Beast. All IMHO...

Oh I meant in general, since everyone here raves about Bro Ridge K02's. Mostly City driving, turnpike, 9 and NYC

I'm rotating my GYs every 5,000 to get everything out of them since I effectively paid $1,000+ for them. Looking to switch over to the BFGoodrich KM3s.

KM3 or K02? I'm a newbie with AT tires

Sidenote, what part of Texas ya in Turkey, I wanna move out there in a few years, tired of Dirty Jerzy but stuck due to the family business

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Central part North of Austin

TX big place though. All sort of neat places all over. The only place I would stay away from would be like far West Like El Paso area and/or ne where near southern border, just a big Cluster F*****k down there, but all IMHO...

added: Maybe really close coastal area's known for flooding too, like Galveston area, but all depends if U want rural or City, or want Rural near City... Just a perspective..

ADDED; My EX used to work at eye place in Eatontown mall, LMAO

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not in center of state, we get humidity, remember Asbury on the Atlantic, (not been to Stone Pony since 71), not ne Oceans in center, LMAO.
U get that Humidity like on east coast of state or south like Galveston/Corpus, but in summer hotter than chit, can be 102-110 for weeks

ADDED: Austin not like Asbury, more of a TX version of SF in some parts, and "Country" other parts with Big City issues and Traffic, but TX and NJ night and day comparisons...

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh I meant in general, since everyone here raves about Bro Ridge K02's. Mostly City driving, turnpike, 9 and NYC

KM3 or K02? I'm a newbie with AT tires

Sidenote, what part of Texas ya in Turkey, I wanna move out there in a few years, tired of Dirty Jerzy but stuck due to the family business

The KM3 is the mud tire / looks more aggressive. I've read reviews on how the tire does as far as road noise and traction and I thought I'd give them a try.

R

Rogues Gambit

Not in center of state, we get humidity, remember Asbury on the Atlantic, (not been to Stone Pony since 71), not ne Oceans in center, LMAO.
U get that Humidity like on east coast of state or south like Galveston/Corpus, but in summer hotter than chit, can be 102-110 for weeks

ADDED: Austin not like Asbury, more of a TX version of SF in some parts, and "Country" other parts with Big City issues and Traffic, but TX and NJ night and day comparisons...

Gotcha, haven't been since '11. Love it, gotta go back

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

I like hog hunting down in Centerville!
Texas is great once you get away from Dallas/FW...
What a nightmare. We try to time it so we are driving through in the middle of the night...

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
true, plenty of traffic in DFW where I live. lots of roadwork too. traffic worse in Austin. city is growing faster than roadways so they are packed a lot of the time. doesnt take long to get out to nice rural country tho and not far to the "hill country" or to the woods of east texas. austin is the san francisco of texas and full of PC and rules and expensive housing. we own property down there next to Spicewood Vineyards and tend to stay out of the hub bub when we go down there.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

Remember watching video of Texas Arkansas area when you guys got a pretty good ice storm. everything was covered in ice, power lines down, street lights out. was funny watching you guy larn. like seeing new fawn trying to get around on icy lake.

no one got hurt since everyone had the good sense to go slow but even slow, when you don;t know what you are doing . . . .

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember watching video of Texas Arkansas area when you guys got a pretty good ice storm. everything was covered in ice, power lines down, street lights out. was funny watching you guy larn. like seeing new fawn trying to get around on icy lake.

no one got hurt since everyone had the good sense to go slow but even slow, when you don;t know what you are doing . . . .

Hee hee, well I may live here but grew up in NJ, stationed in Upstate NY, and such, driven through ice tunnels in NY and Goose Bay, Labador, through mountains, and such, to sum it up, I have at least 5 min experience, ROFLMAO (Just Saying) (It was tuff for the Native Born PPL dat for sure)....

ADDED: Used to watch fools try and drive across Lake Champlain to avoid driving all the way to the border to cross at Rouses Point to get into Vermont, always a chuckle...

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
true, plenty of traffic in DFW where I live. lots of roadwork too. traffic worse in Austin. city is growing faster than roadways so they are packed a lot of the time. doesnt take long to get out to nice rural country tho and not far to the "hill country" or to the woods of east texas. austin is the san francisco of texas and full of PC and rules and expensive housing. we own property down there next to Spicewood Vineyards and tend to stay out of the hub bub when we go down there.

I absolutely hate Austin, glad I live off of a FM, LOL

(Only go down there to see RR Express and friend in Pflugerville to meet for chow once in a while, dat be close enuf)

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we like Opie's near us on 71 and Double Horn brew-pub in Marble Falls

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I absolutely hate Austin, glad I live off of a FM, LOL

(Only go down there to see RR Express and friend in Pflugerville to meet for chow once in a while, dat be close enuf)

Wat U see here is pretty much my limit. With Momma gone, not an issue or even a problem to have, just saying