Rear differential cover for 19+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Has anyone put a new cover on there wagon? I was looking at banks but I do not think they make one as of yet.

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The PW`s should take same rear diff cover as an '18 2500. We have the same differential. All other '19 and newer 2500's have an updated differential with a different cover and bolt pattern.

When I was researching a gear change there was a lot of confusion on what rear end the PW had. I did change my rear fluid and the gasket was the same as previous years.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The new Banks diff cover will fit the 11.5 AAM. AAM makes a finned cover too, but it's doesn't have the air scoop thing the Bank's has nor does it have a drain.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The PW`s should take same rear diff cover as an '18 2500. We have the same differential. All other '19 and newer 2500's have an updated differential with a different cover and bolt pattern.

When I was researching a gear change there was a lot of confusion on what rear end the PW had. I did change my rear fluid and the gasket was the same as previous years.
The new Banks diff cover will fit the 11.5 AAM. AAM makes a finned cover too, but it's doesn't have the air scoop thing the Bank's has nor does it have a drain.

Im going to order the banks then, thanks. I watched some YouTube videos and that thing is sweet for keeping the rear end cool.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L

If this is the case, the AEV covers should work as well. Though they are $$$

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Im going to order the banks then, thanks. I watched some YouTube videos and that thing is sweet for keeping the rear end cool.

Do not buy! It appears it won't fit 2019s. Maybe best to talk to Banks and see if they have one that fits 2019. I wasn't aware the axle was redesigned as posted earlier.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Do not buy! It appears it won't fit 2019s. Maybe best to talk to Banks and see if they have one that fits 2019. I wasn't aware the axle was redesigned as posted earlier.
Can someone confirm? I hadn’t heard until this post that the 19+ uses a different pumpkin, it wouldn’t make a ton of sense since nothing else on the suspension realty changed at all.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
pw axles are still the same
Did they change on the other models though? That makes even less sense, other than the locker, there is no functional difference I’m aware of between a PW and it’s other gas counterparts. The 3500 with the max tow package yes, that’s used a different axle for a few years now.

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well, I’m calling them Monday to confirm before I order. The details say it will fit a 11.5 rear diff, but then in the small print it says it won’t fit a 2019+.

my question is, is there markings on the rear end where I can tell if it’s the same as the older models.

mine is a 2019, and I when I bought it the only Major upgrade that I was aware of was tranny to 8 speed from the 6 speed. I didn’t think the rear end was different.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hmm...upon further inspection there may be validity to this. AEV’s website for the front diff cover says 2014 to current, the rear specifically says 2014-2018 11.5 AAM. So that implies something did change for the 2019 year. News to me, although they typically don’t include me on decisions like that (even though I’ve asked them to, ********)

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hmm...upon further inspection there may be validity to this. AEV’s website for the front diff cover says 2014 to current, the rear specifically says 2014-2018 11.5 AAM. So that implies something did change for the 2019 year. News to me, although they typically don’t include me on decisions like that (even though I’ve asked them to, ********)

I see that too. Lol

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pw axles didnt change. aev website is wrong if it says otherwise or they simply havent updated it. go to any dealer and look for yourself. the flange where the driveshafts bolt on are a bit different but otherwise its the same axles. non pw have a new rear probly because the gvwr may have been increased or something. front is the same

OP
OP
BigLazer4u

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
pw axles didnt change. aev website is wrong if it says otherwise or they simply havent updated it. go to any dealer and look for yourself. the flange where the driveshafts bolt on are a bit different but otherwise its the same axles. non pw have a new rear probly because the gvwr may have been increased or something. front is the same

If it’s the same bolt pattern I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit, there is a traction bar that runs across the axle and maybe that is why it says it won’t fit on the banks website?

im going to call Monday.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pw is coil spring 14bolt 11.5 from '14 to present, same cover as 3500 leaf spring 14bolt but not same axle. the bar is a sway bar and banks says it may need his spacers because the cover is so bulky i suppose. the spacer just moves the bar away from the cover a bit

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There’s a link to Dethloff’s sway bar spacer in my build thread in my sig

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
loves me some nodular iron so i put my own touch on some aev stuff. arp hardware and black paint. nothing fancy

20200726-170930.jpg