Rear leveling with Off Road package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone done this and do the same springs work? The truck has a 1" lift over the non off road package trucks but I don't know how that lift is achieved. I'm hoping the same 2" lowering springs will work and my truck when level will be overall 1" taller than typical.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I was thinking the same thing, I have the ORP and was thinking about putting the non-ORP springs in the back. That would leave me with about 1” of rake and it would be a lot easier to put springs in the back and not raise the front.

OP
OP
mjpep

mjpep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that how the ORP achieves the 1" lift, just taller springs? If that's the case and I put on the aftermarket 2" lowering springs, that may drop it 3" which would be too much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I'm not sure about the front, but in the back I don't see any lift blocks, so I assume its different springs.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
There should be some stock , non ORP rear springs available used from people who have put lift kits on thier truck. I would buy a set used (get the same model of 4x4 you have Bighorn, Tradesman etc.). There are a couple of you tube videos and it looks like it pretty easy to install rear springs. If you don’t like how it turns out, just put the old springs back in. Should be a lot easier and cheaper than raising the front. I would measure front and back before you start so you have reference after your done.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the 4th gens the front struts were different for the offroad package. Springs were all the same. I’d be curious if the 5th gens aren’t the same