Rear Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have the rear lifted 2" with MotoFab Spacers. Looking to lift it to about 3 1/2". I have Bilstein 5100s PN 24-187374 on the rear. Could I add 1 1/2" lift coils like the Icons, then use the 2" spacer I have to get about 3 1/2" total rear lift? What else am I looking at needing to replace, I assume track bar (or at least drop bracket), and sway bar end links. Shocks or at least add shock extenders? How much lift is needed before the rear control arms should be replaced?

whitewaterbrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have the same question. Although I already did the lift 6 months ago.. I put in 1.5" Icon Lifted Dual stage springs, and then added 1.5" spacer. I have not had any problems although I do notice the truck sits about an inch lower on the left side. Today I put Rough Country Brake line extenders, bump stops, and sway bar links on.. will see if this corrects the lean. It seems to have. If not, I' will be considering adding the track bar bracket dropper that comes with RC's 6" Lift kit (4" on the rear) $70 from RC. Not sure if I should be doing the Upper Control arm brackets also, but they are another $175, so hoping to avoid them.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much lift is needed before the rear control arms should be replaced?

Your pinion angle will tell you. But anything over 4" will throw your pinion angle out. As well as your panhard bar will be out of center.

I know with my Jeep Gladiator 6.5" lift springs my pinion angle was out quite a lot.

Clayton adjustable Jeep Gladiator 4 link and panhard bar. made that easy to adjust.

I dont run sway bars since they are lame. :anitoof: so cant comment on that nonsense... lol...

Last edited: