Rear power slider window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonVez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all
Finally got up the courage to remove rear window and install power slider.
Big question I have is has anyone else done this and get it to operate on the over head console switch?
I've been over the OBDalfa app and can not find anything the relates to the slider.
I do know motor works as I definitely tested it before removing the 1 piece glass.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your truck didn't come with the power sliding rear window you most likely don't have the wiring. I have done a few including my truck and built my harness to use the factory switch. None of the trucks I have done had any of the wiring.. There is no setting for this in the Alfa tool. The window wires into the ignition on run power pink wire with yellow stripe that can usuallybe found in the driver's side B pillar. It's a pretty simple 5 pin connector for the switch itself. One goes to ignition on run+, one goes to ground, one goes to window motor positive, one goes to window motor negative and the last one goes to illumination. There is a Mopar repair kit to get the correct connector for the rear window motor. If you do have some of the wiring you may not have all of it. All the trucks I have done have been Express and Tradesman 1500's.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

dosborn14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm working on the same install but would like to get away without installing the overhead console in my Tradesman.
Has anyone installed the rear power slider and a simple aux switch somewhere to control it?

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm working on the same install but would like to get away without installing the overhead console in my Tradesman.
Has anyone installed the rear power slider and a simple aux switch somewhere to control it?
As long as you use a double pole double throw switch, you can wire it up so it will reverse the 12volts to the motor.
Then you can install switch anywhere.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've switched from the solid rear window to the power slider. There are no AlfaOBD settings that need to be set. Just the button in the overhead, and the wiring to the rear slider. If it doesn't work right away, pull the battery connection and wait.