Rear vibration after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Rammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i put the rough country 3.5” lift on. The rear vibrates like it’s a bad tire or shock. I’ve rechecked everything several times. I’ve put the stock shocks back on and the tires balance out great but the vibration is still there. Anyone had this problem or any ideas? I know a lot of people don’t like rough country but I’ve used rough Country lifts for years with no issues. Any help or ideas is appreciated.

A4087A0C-22BF-4FF7-8CAE-48BC08FBB2C4.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How was the rear lift achieved? What components were used? Any pinion angle adjustment?

If it is a vibration like you make it sound, I would highly doubt the shocks have anything to do with it.

If you have the factory wheels and tires, toss them on and go for a test drive. Just because a tire shop says the tires are balanced, doesn't mean they cant give you vibrations still.

BravoZulu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you running wheel spacers? If so remove them.

After installing a 3” lift I had a noticeable vibration at certain speeds

I put the spacers on same day I had GY Duratracs put on...I thought I got a bad batch of tires or thought tires were unbalanced

took truck back to tire shop..They removed/rebalanced..Drive away and still had the vibration

long story short..I ended up removing the wheel spacers and vibration gone

Back to factory ride after I narrowed it down to spacers

just a thought

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you running wheel spacers? If so remove them.

After installing a 3” lift I had a noticeable vibration at certain speeds

I put the spacers on same day I had GY Duratracs put on...I thought I got a bad batch of tires or thought tires were unbalanced

took truck back to tire shop..They removed/rebalanced..Drive away and still had the vibration

long story short..I ended up removing the wheel spacers and vibration gone

Back to factory ride after I narrowed it down to spacers

just a thought

maybe your spacers were not installed correctly?