Recenter the wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Der2z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram express
Engine
Can someone post a pic of before and after the wheel has been recentered after a drop?

Thanks!
Dereck

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Look on Spohn's website at their pics for the adjustable link bars. There's some pics of my R/T when I first got it on there.

USAF Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you use the adjustable panhard bars, or the upper and lower control arms. I want to make sure I can re-center the wheels when I lower my truck and want to make sure I get the right parts.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Centered with Spohn adj control arms top and bottom.

The shadows in the pic make it look a little off, but it is nicely centered where the red lines are.

Attachments

• Rear axle centering.jpg
    Rear axle centering.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

USAF Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks. I'll add those to my parts list. Did you do the panhard bar too? I'm not sure what that one does.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The panhard bar is what centers the wheels side-to-side, when you drop it the wheels will shift to one side as it travels along the panhard bar's arc. Before adjustment mine was almost a full inch off towards the driver's side.

USAF Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So not only does lowering a 4G Ram push the wheels forwards, it also shifts to the side. So the $400 BT kit from Moes requires me to spend almost another $800 on adjustable upper and lower control arms and panhard bar.

Even with the relocation bracket it comes with still doesn't correct this?

Do most guys just not care because I only know of a couple on the forums who mentioned buying the Spohn parts.

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the BellTech kit on my '14 R/T. When i had it aligned the rear was .11* off center using the BellTech pan hard bar relocator. According to the alignment specs, that is within tolerance. As far as getting the wheels centered and the pinion angle back to "factory" I think its the right way to go, but it seems not to be "mandatory". I figure I'll do it down the road sometime.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
If you stick to a 4" drop the wheels just barely push forward....not enough to justify the Spohn bars IMHO. Now if you go to 5" it's a whole new ballgame...they'll be way forward then The adjustable panhard to center side to side I'd always recommend....that's the nature of a panhard equipped suspension.

jabrams00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you stick to a 4" drop the wheels just barely push forward....not enough to justify the Spohn bars IMHO. Now if you go to 5" it's a whole new ballgame...they'll be way forward then The adjustable panhard to center side to side I'd always recommend....that's the nature of a panhard equipped suspension.

I was talking to Matt from Moe's earlier this week and we started talking about your bad ass RT you had. That truck was killer, also seen some post of your new truck. Got headers installed yet?? I have the '13 blacked out express crew cab and wanted the long tubes.

Sent from my iPhone7