remote start install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidjohns9132

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
i have a 2019 ram 1500 classic slt crew cab four wheel drive i am attempting to install remote start through alfa obd i installed the hood latch with the sensor on it but found a open circuit code that doesnt clear so i started checking the wiring and it runs all the way towards the junction box but stops at the white connector underneath the junction box and doesnt come out of the other side to go into the junction box anyone know how to splice the hood sensor into the fuse box or anyway around this problem?

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Contact for the wiring your missing.
2 options:
1. @Mpgrimm2 here on the forum. His work/products are better than OEM. Be advised, everything is made to order and he is popular.
Yes, he does make these and many more harnesses.

2. John Lance on FB. He can make this harness or has a standalone switch/kit.

A little advice here, if you have acquired a hood latch off of Amazon or Ebay that is anything but Mopar, just go ahead and trash it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You have to run the wiring for the hood latch to the BCM as per the instructions. A lot of trucks will have a factory connector there but it doesn’t go anywhere.

kycruiser1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I installed my remote start using the existing connector for the hood latch, worked fine. Also helped my brother install his, same thing, no problems. I also installed the electronic trailer brake kit, again using the factory installed connector, works perfectly. I don't know why they would have a connector there and not connect it to anything. May be where they were assembled.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I installed my remote start using the existing connector for the hood latch, worked fine. Also helped my brother install his, same thing, no problems. I also installed the electronic trailer brake kit, again using the factory installed connector, works perfectly. I don't know why they would have a connector there and not connect it to anything. May be where they were assembled.
Starting in 2019 on the Classics,like the OP's truck,they deleted alot of the extra wiring harness,that the 18's and earlier had.