Remote start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRamFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Hello everyone, I need some help, I just deleted my throttle body and I have the check engine light on, which apparently disables the remote start, is there a scan tool or anyway to bypass it to get my remote start back, planning on continue to delete stuff little by little. Thank you for your help in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If whatever you deleted plugged into the electronically, it won't matter if you clear the code it will come right back. If your deleting things, you'll need to find a tuner that can change the programming.

OP
OP
J

JRamFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
If whatever you deleted plugged into the electronically, it won't matter if you clear the code it will come right back. If your deleting things, you'll need to find a tuner that can change the programming.

Thank you, I was hopping to do it with a scanner, I have Acces to the snap On modis . I’ll start looking into a tuner .

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JRamFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel

Any advice for a tuner or tunes to continue to do the delete

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You might want to do some digging into who out there is still doing business above or below board. EPA has been cracking down on all the big players and now getting around to the smaller fish in the tuning game. Your best bet is go onto Cummins specific forums.

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Delete time. So as mentioned a lot of stuff has been forced to go underground due to the EPA. I have essentially found 2 warring "factions" if you will for Cummins info. One is igottacummins the other is Cummins forum. Lots of good info on both. I happen to like one over the other but I'll leave that up to you do your research. Just start reading at both, ask questions and see how you like it. Igottacummins will charge you for premium members access which you will need to get in-depth info. This puts a bad taste in some people's mouth. It bothered me initially but a lifetime membership was really not expensive and I was getting good info so I didn't mind chipping in to help keep the lights on. (With the EPA snooping around,this may help to control who is looking too) Hope this helps a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Danny V

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know of a company that sells programmed WIN modules? Mine it goin out, and I do t like taking it to the dealer for a good butt ******, if I can avoid it. TIA