Removing a soaked in oil stain from concrete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doorsjimjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
As a civil engineer, I know Muratic Acid can be used to disolve concrete. good for surface stains and where excess concrete lands. it acts like peroxide and disolves the lime in the concrete....and can be diluted to get a less harsh cleaning action

faross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l
If you let acids sit to long it will put the concrete that's why we use it to etch before we finish a floor with paint or epoxy

JeffK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't say it works cause I haven't tried. But I've heard you can spread dawn dish soap all over it and just let it sit till it rains. After the rain stops the stain should be almost gone.

bretthays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What if you sand blast it if really stubborn?
I think that's what I am going to have to resort to. I have a really bad oil spot and some spots where I let rust converter drip onto the driveway from a trailer frame I was working on.

OP
OP
shrubs

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From experience. OP on this topic.

Sand blasting or pressure washing. Not gonna take a DEEP/OLD STAIN out.

Fouling up the concrete is in play.

Maybe your technique is "that good" or the concrete is in a low visibility area so the damage you make in the concrete does not mattter.

All the best.