Replace Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason_sos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The muffler on my 2008 Ram with 5.7L Hemi has started to rust thru. I want to replace it, but I don't want to spend a ton, and I don't want it to be louder than stock. Essentially, I want to replace the whole thing with a "stock" exhaust without the cost of buying from Dodge.

I can't seem to find any "stock" systems out there. Everything I find is "performance" and brags about a certain sound (presumably louder or more of a "drone"), which I don't want. I don't want the neighborhood to know I'm coming, I don't want to be that ******* that starts up his truck at 5am and wakes up my neighbors, etc.

I would like to keep the exhaust as close to stock as possible - muffler, resonator, etc. I also plan on replacing my truck in the next year or so, so I don't want to pay out the nose. I basically want to fix what's broken, and be able to pass the yearly inspection.

Any suggestions on where to look, or systems others have used that fit my needs?

Thank you!

OP
OP
J

jason_sos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks! I will look into getting one of those. Much more affordable than a Magnaflow or Flowmaster!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No problem, for stock replacement stuff I usually go there first. Generally a pretty good competition between Rockauto and eBay. If you're gonna sell/trade it next year anyway it might be worth your time to cruise eBay or Craigslist for good condition take offs.

Bhojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any update on the muffler you got. Looking to do the same replacement on mine.