Replaced stock goodyears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
After much searching, reading, and help from all of you, I decided to stick with the stock tire size for now to avoid any issues with rubbing and fitment. I went with Cooper Zeon LTZs. I think they look pretty good, not as aggressive if I went wider or taller, but not bad for 275/60/20s. I was worried I would be unimpressed, but I am happy I stuck with the stock size...for now...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, looks great! I'm really in the same boat and considering going to a 275/65/20...but I don't know if I can justify the added cost. Not to mention those are the exact tires I was considering too!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The new tires look great. The Coopers arent as baloon shaped as the factory Goodyears, so you can tell a noticable difference from the pics.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let us know your thoughts!
-Are the sidewalls stiffer than the GY Wranglers?
-Road noise level?
-General ride/comfort impressions?

Even if you came back to this thread in a couple months once you have some miles on'em I know a bunch of us would appreciate it.
It was WINDY here the other day and it pretty much solidified that the GY stockers are a big part of my trailer sway issue; they're just all over the place even when NOT towing!?

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Please let us know your thoughts!
-Are the sidewalls stiffer than the GY Wranglers?
-Road noise level?
-General ride/comfort impressions?

Even if you came back to this thread in a couple months once you have some miles on'em I know a bunch of us would appreciate it.
It was WINDY here the other day and it pretty much solidified that the GY stockers are a big part of my trailer sway issue; they're just all over the place even when NOT towing!?

I put on a set of zeons a couple mths ago stock size.
i love em they look wider then the GY
noise is a bit louder, i was getting 14.5/100KM wit the GY's
now im getting 15.8/100KMS i haul a 5th wheel around quite abit
diffently a great upgrade for the price of the tires.

great in the snow
really good in the rain
i had to put a set of fenderflares on cause they like to fling up rocks and dirt
but all and all a great buy, i will be ordering a new set when needed!

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Thanks mxblaster, glad to hear I made a good choice :)

I had her out on the highway last night and as tight at the 2013 cab is I didn't really notice any additional road noise. With the radio off and the window cracked you can hear a bit of a hum, maybe slightly more that with the goodyears, but not much. So far, I notice the ride is a bit more stiff, but not at all uncomfortable, I think the air suspension absorbs most of it. Handling does seem to be improved. I will give a better report after a few more miles.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Looks good

Jake2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely look better than the Goodyears.