Replacement of Lines coming off Master Cylinder Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think I'm going to tackle this job myself, but I was just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues doing it. I do have an aftermarket warranty that should cover it, but the deductible is 200 bucks. I can get both lines for around 100. The part #'s are 68204418AC and 68204421AC.

From the little research I did, there shouldn't be a lot of fluid that will come out of the master cylinder when I disconnect the lines. Am I going to have a hell of a time bleeding the system after this, or should it be fairly straight forward? I wish they did use those crappy crimped fittings. It seems like they always leak eventually. Mine are fairly damp. Both of them so there's at a minimal a pin hole in both. My brakes aren't exactly firm either.

Any insight would be great.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I guess my thought is, if you purchased the warranty and it covers the repair, why not use it? No idea how long it'll take you to replace them, but if you figure at least a few hours (let's go with 4), typical shop rates are approaching $100/hour now, so you'd only be paying $200 for a $500 job, and you could drop the truck off and get other things done while they finish it.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would worry about your ABS getting air it in and needed to be bleed or purged.

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to shill for speedibleed here, I did full brake jobs on my truck and subi and didnt have to to through the trouble of bench bleeding the master cylinder

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m sure it’ll turn into a 300 dollar job because of magical expensive brake fluid. But yes the bleeding part what what I was worried about. I’ll check into my options