Ripp's 3.6 blower combo for the trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rick for posting
I’ve been watching the Ripp Facebook page for this announcement
Curious to see the price
Surprised nobody else has commented
Probably won’t work with the 5G e-torque....
Hate to say it, once my Hemi is clicked out- which is probably next year- this sounds like a perfect alternative....

bpgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm...this may give me an excuse to trade the truck in for a Gladiator. I'm not sure if a kit is already out, but it shouldn't be too different.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested in pricing compared to the Sprintex supercharger.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Pentastar runs at high Temps. I'm curious how they adjust for this. Would be really nice. Not sure how the trans would hold up.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Got a 3.6 pentastar in my Trailhawk so maybe this would work and still not have to cut the hood.
My wife loves her 18 Trailhawk

- The Blue Mule

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stock 2011+ V6 Mustangs put 265 to the rear wheel. It's interesting that in order to get that from a Ram, you have to put in their ignition coils, which he says adds 12 hp.

I am under the impression that the 8 speed behind the Pentastar isn't built as stoutly as the 8 speed behind the 5.7. Is that true? If so, how much can the V6 8 speed take?

I like the idea of the "Eco-Boost Pentastar". I have a V6 Mustang with the ProCharger. In that application. It works really well. If you stay out of boost, I really do get better gas mileage. If you romp on it, Leave the TC on. I don't care how good of a driver you think you are. YouTube is full of Mustangs careening out of control.

If you do this, spend a little extra, and get to one with the quiet bevel gears. 440 at the wheels is a lot. I told the guys that put my ProCharger on, that I wanted 400 at the rear wheels. I have 393. I left a little on the table. At 3560 lbs, my car is plenty quick.

With so many guys hung up on warranties, big time, I don't see this catching on. Still a good idea, tho. That is if the tranny will hold up.

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested to see the price tag on this also, I just ordered a set of the RIPP coil packs the other day, knowing the install will be a headache I might just wait to let the shop do it when I take it in for it's leveling job

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Expect to pay about $6500 for the kit alone. You'd probably need an unlock d ECU.

On a big pick up,with lots of room, the install may be a lot easier than on a little Mustang.
The install supposedly takes 6-8 hours. I'd say it takes 6-8 hours the second time. I'll bet the first time, it'd be close to twice that. A lot of guys do the install themselves. If you have a mechanically inclined buddy who'd be willing to help out, you can do it.

You'll need to get it dyno tuned.

Last edited:

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Expect to pay about $6500 for the kit alone. You'd probably need an unlock d ECU.

On a big pick up,with lots of room, the install may be a lot easier than on a little Mustang.
The install supposedly takes 6-8 hours. I'd say it takes 6-8 hours the second time. I'll bet the first time, it'd be close to twice that. A lot of guys do the install themselves. If you have a mechanically inclined buddy who'd be willing to help out, you can do it.

You'll need to get it dyno tuned.

I was talking about the coil packs being a headache to put in since I know nothing about taking the pentastars upper i take off, but I'm sure the supercharger fit os the epitome of an acute migraine

I've already had to take the upper intake off my last v6 Chrysler vehicle before and I'd truthfully rather let a shop do it, the only space I have to do it is pretty dusty and dirty, and it was a pain trying to keep it all outta the engine. I'd like to take this truck over 100k lol

Edit: And chances are us 2018 guys are gonna be left out in the cold again when it comes to tuning thanks to that extra security crap. Not like we wanna tune our vehicles further or nothing ‍:emotions34:

Last edited:

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If Coils alone will add 12 RWHP, why didn't they just do that at the factory? The price difference couldn't have been that much. Now, you're paying for 2 sets of coil packs. If the new Coils really do add 12 hp; which I'd have to hear from a couple of different sources, before I believe it.

And if that works for the 3.6, which it may, why don't new Coils for the 5.7 add 16 hp?
I ask too many questions....

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a vid online of them testing the coils in a 3.6 Ram on a dyno, plus I've talked to a guy I work with that added them to his charger felt a decent change to the powerband after the swap

Of course, rams and chargers are completely different vehicles and perform way differently. I'd just like to give em a try.

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:banghead: that's your opinion, and opinions are a dime a dozen

I'm not doing the supercharger kit as soon as it comes out by any means, there needs to be a few guinea pigs to do it before I'll consider it.

As far as the coils go I'm not hesitant at all about them, but I dont think a dyno needs to be done for a set of freaking coils.

Last edited: