Rough country 2" N3 coilovers review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Friday I had a of 2" leveling N3 coilovers from rough country installed along with a set of 1.5" rear coil spacers and had an alignment done. I've put probably 100-150 miles on it since and so far, I'm happy to say the ride is excellent. It feels similar to stock. I've had spacer lifts before on several vehicles and a set of rancho quick lift struts on my silverado. These ride the best of anything thus far. Are they bilstein's? No. But for a drop in replacement strut offering 2" of lift without the need for a spring compressor, you can't beat them. With the spacers on previous trucks, you could feel the suspension run out of droop on bigger bumps. My silverado was terrible with the Ranchos (even with corrected upper control arms). My tundra was barely any better with 2.5" front spacers. I'd not hesitate to buy these again, I'd probably even consider going with the 3" with a set of upper control arms and 2" rear spacer. Ride in the rear feels the same as factory, absolutely no detectable difference. Will the N3's hold up, hopefully. If I get 50k miles out of them, I'd consider that reasonable for a set of $330 coilovers. Initial measurements after knst showed 2.5" of lift in the front and about 1.25" in the rear. Not sure why the rear wasn't a full 1.5". Fronts were dead even on both sides, and rear was slightly lower on driver side.
Last picture was at stock height.
20210410_141005~2.jpg
20210410_141901~2.jpg
20210409_173224.jpg 20210302_091137~3.jpg

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad these are working for you. Make sure to do some follow up posts as you put more miles on them. Always good to have some real world results.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Friday I had a of 2" leveling N3 coilovers from rough country installed along with a set of 1.5" rear coil spacers and had an alignment done. I've put probably 100-150 miles on it since and so far, I'm happy to say the ride is excellent. It feels similar to stock. I've had spacer lifts before on several vehicles and a set of rancho quick lift struts on my silverado. These ride the best of anything thus far. Are they bilstein's? No. But for a drop in replacement strut offering 2" of lift without the need for a spring compressor, you can't beat them. With the spacers on previous trucks, you could feel the suspension run out of droop on bigger bumps. My silverado was terrible with the Ranchos (even with corrected upper control arms). My tundra was barely any better with 2.5" front spacers. I'd not hesitate to buy these again, I'd probably even consider going with the 3" with a set of upper control arms and 2" rear spacer. Ride in the rear feels the same as factory, absolutely no detectable difference. Will the N3's hold up, hopefully. If I get 50k miles out of them, I'd consider that reasonable for a set of $330 coilovers. Initial measurements after knst showed 2.5" of lift in the front and about 1.25" in the rear. Not sure why the rear wasn't a full 1.5". Fronts were dead even on both sides, and rear was slightly lower on driver side.
Last picture was at stock height.
View attachment 244166
View attachment 244164
View attachment 244163 View attachment 244165
Now time for some tires :favorites13:

Joker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed mine last week and I love them too. Great ride quality so far. I feel like my front sits higher now though. I havent raised the rear at all. After a week will they settle anymore?

20210408_174448.jpg

20210408_184312.jpg

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed mine last week and I love them too. Great ride quality so far. I feel like my front sits higher now though. I havent raised the rear at all. After a week will they settle anymore?

View attachment 244380

View attachment 244382
I'm not sure, I've only had mine since Friday. For having 1.5" spacers in the back, mine sits pretty level.

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By raising the front 2” with the factory UCA’s are you getting any contact on the springs or binding/clunking when you turn or go over bumps? Id like to level mine 2” up front but wonder if the UCA’s will have to be swapped out too

Joker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By raising the front 2” with the factory UCA’s are you getting any contact on the springs or binding/clunking when you turn or go over bumps? Id like to level mine 2” up front but wonder if the UCA’s will have to be swapped out too
I havent noticed any of that so far. The levelling struts from RC feel like factory ride but with the front raised.

FlBoy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Was looking into these as well.
So install is basically like changing out shocks? Hour job maybe?

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Essentially a front strut change, so jack up the front, take the wheels off, pop the upper ball joints, remove strut bolts and nuts and remove strut. I ended up paying a garage to install them, but if I were doing it at home, I'd figure about 2 hours.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far, there has been zero noise from the front end.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2 weeks in and probably about 600 miles and zero issues. Ride has not changed, haven't checked the measurements yet to see if there's been any settling or not.

Joker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This mine after about a month with the levelled struts and new wheels and tires. 17x8.5 on 315/70/17. Im loving the look by the way!!

20210501_155820.jpg

20210501_155841.jpg

20210501_152821.jpg

Joker1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did mine in about 2 hours. The first side you do will take you longer probably lol. Theres a great video american trucks does on youtube. I just mimicked that video and was simple. Hardest part is the upper control arm to the knuckle. Get a heavy hammer and smack the knuckle good and it will come free. Get an alignment after also. I feel like mine has settled overtime a bit but im glad because it was nose high.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I know... ideally, I'd like to have a 35/11.0 or 35/11.50. Not trying to kill my gas mileage completely by going to 35s.

Kenda Klever R/Ts run 35/11/17, just saying