Run fast !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I see you in Canada , unfortunately the damn EPA has cracked down on the deleting and tuning in US , my prior ram trucks were deleted and tuned and was working horses and was reliable investments .
“Lose” the truck in Canada for a couple days.....problem solved.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I, for one, would be interested if cheyennemans (or any other ship jumpers) would come back, say in a year or two, and give us some honest feedback on future experiences. Then some light would be shed on customer service and quality across the board.

Jim
In my experience it's not gonna happen. I've been driving Mopar only for the past 45+ years. My cars over the years have been nothing but trash talked, I've heard it all! If I have to put air once a week in a slow leaking tire my Mopar is a piece of junk to others. Didn't listen to it then, not going to listen to it now. I just wish people would stop buying brands they don't like. Stick with the brands you say never gave you any troubles. Trash talkers have always cleaned my ears out and given me numerous laughs over the years!

Last edited:

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
This feller just joined the RAMFORUMS group yesterday evening and his first post is to complain over some type of trivial issues with his current truck and all was good with his previous RAMS ?... I hope that that he has good luck with GM.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I am not the first to say it, but I have always said, “the vehicle doesn’t know what’s on the nameplate” they all break and all can be fixed. Pick you favorite and enjoy. Automobiles are a passion for lots of people, myself included. When you view them as mere tools, well, you must take care of your tools so they will last and not let you down. People who are passionate about their vehicles, take that care even further. I still own a couple older ford pick ups, and other vehicles, none are “junk” to me.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
This feller just joined the RAMFORUMS group yesterday evening and his first post is to complain over some type of trivial issues with his current truck and all was good with his previous RAMS ?... I hope that that he has good luck with GM.
His other personality is exposing itself.....

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your thinking about a purchase of a 3500 ram dually Don’t do it ! I have a 2018 Laramie and it’s been nothing but problems, first radio goes out , then the ABS light comes on and at 59k miles corporate says it’s my problem, soon won’t be I ordered a new Chevrolet high country and this pile of junk is gone ! The def is now giving issues and I’m done dealing with this bucket of junk ! This was my third dually , my wife has grand Cherokee limited my mom has grand Cherokee Laredo along with my daughter in law. With all they seen me go through they will no longer along with myself buy Chrysler products ever again . This thing is absolutely awful on fuel mileage too , pulls 9k and gets 9.9 mpg . This truck is got to be the biggest let down for the price we paid for it that I ever owned . I saved 2 small companies from buying Ram trucks and I’m absolutely telling anyone that’s thinking about a purchase of a ram truck to think real hard before they do it and I definitely tell them all my nightmares I have . I’m done in December me and Ram trucks are getting a divorce!
Later, thanks for joining just to complain about your truck. Mine is awesome and love every moment driving it!!!

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love mine too! Even though it's a yard ornament right now with lifter failure, waiting on parts.
If I'd had trouble with the radio is fix or replace it. Same with ABS light, it's most likely something simple.
Sh it happens, things break, you fix em and go on with your life.
I could understand if the truck was at the dealer multiple times for major mechanical failures, but little sh it just ain't worth getting your pan-ties in a knot!

Edit: really, guys, 'p a n t i e s' is censored???!

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If your thinking about a purchase of a 3500 ram dually Don’t do it ! I have a 2018 Laramie and it’s been nothing but problems, first radio goes out , then the ABS light comes on and at 59k miles corporate says it’s my problem, soon won’t be I ordered a new Chevrolet high country and this pile of junk is gone ! The def is now giving issues and I’m done dealing with this bucket of junk ! This was my third dually , my wife has grand Cherokee limited my mom has grand Cherokee Laredo along with my daughter in law. With all they seen me go through they will no longer along with myself buy Chrysler products ever again . This thing is absolutely awful on fuel mileage too , pulls 9k and gets 9.9 mpg . This truck is got to be the biggest let down for the price we paid for it that I ever owned . I saved 2 small companies from buying Ram trucks and I’m absolutely telling anyone that’s thinking about a purchase of a ram truck to think real hard before they do it and I definitely tell them all my nightmares I have . I’m done in December me and Ram trucks are getting a divorce!
Says he's done in December.

Joined on Nov. 30th, gone Dec. 1st.

download (1).jpeg

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love mine too! Even though it's a yard ornament right now with lifter failure, waiting on parts.
If I'd had trouble with the radio is fix or replace it. Same with ABS light, it's most likely something simple.
Sh it happens, things break, you fix em and go on with your life.
I could understand if the truck was at the dealer multiple times for major mechanical failures, but little sh it just ain't worth getting your pan-ties in a knot!

Edit: really, guys, 'p a n t i e s' is censored???!
I am sweating the lifter failure after reading about the failures on this site.

I'm at 130k with my hemi, so every little noise cues me up. But, if it happens, it will have to be fixed, no matter how much it may suck.

I do feel bad for the OP, because there are so many knowledgeable members here that have the answers to just about any issue with the Rams.

I absolutely love my Ram, and would not hesitate to buy another 4th gen if my situation allows.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. But you are not one of the majority of us RAM owners. You got a lemon. It happens with every brand.

So go enjoy your Chevy or your Ford but coming here, making an account and complaining is not going to change any of our views about our awesome trucks. Let's face it, you'll stick around and complain for a bit but then leave forever. We see it all the time. Just like every other forum in existence.

Again, sorry you got a lemon. I hope the next truck is better for you.
Couldn't agree more here. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I some how kept my wife in a Jeep after our junk 19 Pacifica Touring L Plus. We had an 18 Touring and it was awesome! The 19 was awful. between leaving us stranded, nearly getting us killed every time we needed to take it on a trip, because of lack of power. Awful brakes and gas milage. It happens to all of us. Out of 6 Mopar products, we only had one that was bad.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Well, maybe the OP had tried to get his trivial issues resolved wlhile still under warranty with his local RAM dealer, but might have been one of those type folk who harped on the dealer service writer/his sales person by rant and raving and that might have slowed things down on resolving his grief with his truck ... I don't know ... instead he goes into the hate mode about his RAM here in the RAMforums ... I guess we will not ever or really know.
I have owned four 4th GEN RAM trucks and enjoy my current 2017 ...I wouldn't hesitate a minute to purchase another RAM truck.

Last edited:

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Between my son and I we have had 5 Rams and 3 Dakotas. Never a single issue or failure with any of them. Wife has had 3 Cherokees (real ones with the 4 liter bullet proof 6) one of the first Pacifica Limiteds, even on old Dodge Omni. Never a failure with any of those. My current ‘21 2500 Hemi is my favorite ever. Maybe the OP was having a bad day, none of the issues sounded that hard to deal with.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have owned a 03 Dakota R/T my 12 Ram 1500 Hemi, a 17 Durango R/T AWD, 18 Pacifica Touring, 19 Pacifica Touring L, 19 Charger R/T and now a 21 Cherokee L. All were great except the 19 Pacifica. I was a long time Ford guy of 25 years. I would not drive anything but. After my bad experience with a 09 Flex, that started the change. Wife had a 10 Traverse absolute junk too. Her 15 SRX Caddy was great minus the touch screen going out, but that was fixed under warranty. I truly believe every car brand has there good and bad ones. You cant know for sure the one you bought is good or bad even new. Thats why you have a warranty. I also believe any make or model will last if you take care of it. From maintenance to keeping it clean. Today was my off day, and I spent 6 hours cleaning two vehicles that really weren't that dirty.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have owned a 03 Dakota R/T my 12 Ram 1500 Hemi, a 17 Durango R/T AWD, 18 Pacifica Touring, 19 Pacifica Touring L, 19 Charger R/T and now a 21 Cherokee L. All were great except the 19 Pacifica. I was a long time Ford guy of 25 years. I would not drive anything but. After my bad experience with a 09 Flex, that started the change. Wife had a 10 Traverse absolute junk too. Her 15 SRX Caddy was great minus the touch screen going out, but that was fixed under warranty. I truly believe every car brand has there good and bad ones. You cant know for sure the one you bought is good or bad even new. Thats why you have a warranty. I also believe any make or model will last if you take care of it. From maintenance to keeping it clean. Today was my off day, and I spent 6 hours cleaning two vehicles that really weren't that dirty.
You sound like me. I’m 70 and still hand wash our vehicles, dress the tires, interior, etc. I even carry a 20 volt Dewalt vacuum in the 5th wheel for my truck :) My wife’s Pacifica Limited was when they first came out (2004?). Had every option you could get and the AWD was better in snow than most 4wd trucks :)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You sound like me. I’m 70 and still hand wash our vehicles, dress the tires, interior, etc. I even carry a 20 volt Dewalt vacuum in the 5th wheel for my truck :) My wife’s Pacifica Limited was when they first came out (2004?). Had every option you could get and the AWD was better in snow than most 4wd trucks :)
Lol, I am the same way. Not one piece of grass, I wash and detail them weekly. I have a small fortune in my detailing stuff. I have always been that way. Long ago my dad instilled in me to take care of my stuff. They are rarely dirty. I am sure my neighbors think I am crazy, but I dont like my vehicles to look dirty. My ram runs better then anything I have owned in a long time. The only thing that comes close was my 04.5 F150 5.4 3v that I ran up to 193k before I sold it. Nothing wrong with it ever.

Attachments

• 6A83F856-91FF-4BF1-8039-73183E0ABB9F.jpeg
    6A83F856-91FF-4BF1-8039-73183E0ABB9F.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn