Saftey concern.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Trucks with consoles have it I thought?

Nope, they get a nice big hole..lol

ramdash.jpg

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You think being raised in the 90's was tough? Try the 70's. Man, some of those scars will never heal! Even teachers in school used to have the authority to paddle you back then. I remember more than one paddle snapping in two against the backside of a young rapscallion while in the hand of an angry, spiteful old nun. We'd laugh our asses off watching that (but never out loud or we would be next!!)

I've seen a lot of chatter on Durango sites voicing displeasure for the rotary shifter, too. I have no experience with it so my opinion is bumpkis, but I figure it's just a learning curve and people will grow into it soon enough.

Not to hijack the thread but;

Damn! nuns where the worst at paddling that ass.
I think they had certified classes for it.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Not to hijack the thread but;

Damn! nuns where the worst at paddling that ass.
I think they had certified classes for it.

Especially 80 year old ones who kept to that celibacy vow all their lives. I suppose that contributed to a lot of pent up anger! Anyway...

Z77Z77Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing wrong with the shifter, just different, different scares people. It becomes second nature in no time.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
After installing my long tube headers last week and having to reroute the shifter cable for the 8 speed...my gut tells me there's a way to convert it to the regular console shifter. If there's a cable...it can be made to work.
Personally...I like the extra storage in the console and have gotten used to the rotary shifter.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
After installing my long tube headers last week and having to reroute the shifter cable for the 8 speed...my gut tells me there's a way to convert it to the regular console shifter. If there's a cable...it can be made to work.
Personally...I like the extra storage in the console and have gotten used to the rotary shifter.

I think the cable is just for the manual neutral release, the gear changes are all done electronically...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.