Sagging underhood insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamnq6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello all-

My underhood insulation isn't well retained near the rear portion of the hood (at the cowl interface). Particularly, the 'tabs' that hold the insulation up under the hood near the cowl aren't stout enough to hold the insulation in place (up against the hood). This results in the insulation snagging on the plastic cowl everytime I open the hood. I'll try to grab a photo later on today.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm still under warranty, but I'm not sure insulation is covered. Most annoying to me: my 18 year old explorer's underhood insulation was beautiful, this RAM's insulation is looking depressed after 3 years… come on Mopar!!

I could add 1-2 more retainer clips, but this would require drilling more holes in the hood bracing.

Thoughts? Thanks guys-

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just removed mine looks better and don't notice any real difference in noise. when removing retainers be careful not to break any or they will break inside bracing and rattle.