Sales Codes to be Flashed/Added?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about the dealer's program, or autoenginuity? At this point, I'm not sure Chrysler even offers support like this for 3rd gen rams. The service manager I worked with this morning wasn't sure either. He even said since it's 9 years old, and they don't use Starscan anymore, that it might not be possible.

If I were able to get someone at Chrysler corporate to add the RDZ code to my VIN, what exactly would show up in the dealers software? Would it say:

RDZ, audio controls, steering wheel controls, etc?

I was talking in reference to the autoeng., If you want to PM me your vin, I can check on dealerconnect what avail sales codes you can have flashed.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was talking in reference to the autoeng., If you want to PM me your vin, I can check on dealerconnect what avail sales codes you can have flashed.

Ok, gotcha. I like the idea of the A/E, but I'm not ready to drop 430 bucks just for the hopes that the software will have the codes needed. :roflsquared:

The service manager is supposed to call me back next week, so hopefully he will make some progress. He mentioned contacting an engineer, so hopefully he has a good understanding on how to get the RDZ code added to the VIN.

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Hey cuyler, could I send you mine?

Just want to check for the heated steering wheel, front and rear heated seats, programable memory seats, and front cooled.

And possibly anything I haven't thought of yet...

Thanks either way.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on my 2008 RDZ issue. The dealership service manager forwarded my information to his district manager. The district manager forwaded the information to WIC. The district manager said WIC is usually pretty slow, and he wasn't sure they would even add RDZ to the VIN. So, fingers crossed, hopefully they will take care of it.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all, I need a little help. 3rd Gen here, but my problem is in line with this thread.

I recently followed a how to on adding steering wheel audio controls to my 2008 Ram 1500 SLT. It involved adding the controls, the factory harness, and then running 2 new wires off of the clock spring. 1 wire to ground, 1 wire to the harness on the back of the gauge cluster. Since it is an 08, it's CAN-BUS, so it has to be activated by the dealership. I was fully aware of this going into this project. 3rd Gen's that have done this in the past have had the dealership contact WIC, add sales code RDZ (steering wheel controls), and then update via dealerconnect.

I talked to the dealership, and talked to the service manager about this. I explained everything to him, and scheduled an appointment. I went in this morning and he said it shouldn't take long. 5 minutes later, he called me back to his office and said it couldn't be done. He showed me dealerconnect on his computer. He had plugged my VIN in and said RDZ was not available. He showed me a drop down menu that had REC, Uconnect, Nav, etc. and said that if it was available it would be listed in that menu.

I asked if he could contact Chrysler and have it added to the VIN, and he acted like he wan't sure. He said he would try them and call me back on Monday. So the question is, would AutoEnginuity have this code available and could I upload it myself? Also, he is the service manager. Would he have the ability to add this code himself, or does somebody at WIC have to do it? Once the code is added, will it show up in the drop down menu of items that he showed me? I feel like he is willing to help, I just want to make sure I am giving him the correct information.

Thanks for any help.

Here's the final update to my original post.

2/25/17 - Took truck to dealer to activate steering wheel controls. They tried, but said since my truck didn't come with them from the factory it was not possible. I told them they would have to contact WIC to have the RDZ code added to the VIN, and then the option should show up on their end.

2/27/17 - Service Manager called and said he contacted his District Manager and gave him my VIN, RDZ code, and the information about WIC. The District Manager said he would forward the information to WIC, but they are usually "slow as ****" (his actual quote). The Service Manager still wasn't sure if they would even modify the VIN.

2/28/17 - Service Manager called and said that WIC already added the RDZ code to my VIN. He further stated that when he now puts my VIN in dealerconnect there is an option for "RDZA - Audio Controls". He said to bring the truck over and he would download the option. I took the truck over, and it took less than 20 minutes. I now have fully functioning steering wheel audio controls in my 2008 1500.

So the bottom line is, WIC does still modify VIN codes. You just have to have the right person/persons asking them to do it.

Thank you all for the help. The next step is installing a Mygig RER from an 09 Chrysler 300 into my 08 Ram.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One more question about codes and flashing. Since the dealer flashed the steering wheel controls to my truck, will my Superchips tuner mess with the flash? I sometimes change the tune on my Superchips from performance to mileage XS. If I change the tune, will it overwrite the dealers flash, or are they seperate from each other?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
One more question about codes and flashing. Since the dealer flashed the steering wheel controls to my truck, will my Superchips tuner mess with the flash? I sometimes change the tune on my Superchips from performance to mileage XS. If I change the tune, will it overwrite the dealers flash, or are they seperate from each other?

No its two totally different areas of the BCM.

Yoyodyne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer supposedly added the CV2 code to my 2014 Express when they did the programming for my remote start and backup camera. Is there any way to check ?

Will29349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually yes its called Autoenguity and I was able to add a ton of things to my tradesman! For instance heated/cooled/memory seats both hard and soft keys (in the RA4 radio I upgraded to from RA1), auto dimming mirror, compass and temp, heated steering wheel, and a few others I cant recall. 430.00 for scan tool and software.

Can you tell me what brand scan tool you used and how you got to the option that you were able to active

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer supposedly added the CV2 code to my 2014 Express when they did the programming for my remote start and backup camera. Is there any way to check ?

CV2 is O/HEAD CONSOLE W/UGDO, if you press one of the homelink buttons it should give a pop up on the cluster of "Transmitting".

DARKNHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Actually yes its called Autoenguity and I was able to add a ton of things to my tradesman! For instance heated/cooled/memory seats both hard and soft keys (in the RA4 radio I upgraded to from RA1), auto dimming mirror, compass and temp, heated steering wheel, and a few others I cant recall. 430.00 for scan tool and software.

Where/What did you buy? When I go to the site it shows like 3 options.. Scan Tool, OE Interface, and Reprogramming..

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anybody know if remote windows could be added same way as DRLs? Or is it something removed permanently with different action?

Alex_cad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Does any one know what's the code for heated/cooled seats?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Does anybody know if remote windows could be added same way as DRLs? Or is it something removed permanently with different action?

No they removed the feature because people were sitting on their keys and putting the windows down.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone have a full list of codes that can be added
The codes that can be added is varied depending on what trim level your truck is. All of the codes are in all the BCM's but the dealer can only activate codes that are allowed by Chrysler. For example they cannot activate the power folding mirror (LER) code in an Express or a Tradesman even though the code is present in the BCM but they can in a Laramie. They can activate the blinker/puddle light (LEB and LEC) codes in the Express/Tradesman though. There are different ways to add the codes besides the dealer. Some of us bought the AE tool and we can add codes with it but it can be dangerous because in some cases it modifies certain codes when you add others so it's not recommended to use unless you really know what you can and cannot activate without causing problems. OBD Genie makes several programming Genie's that you can plug into activate a lot of features the dealer cannot but they are pricey. If you want to know which codes can be added by your dealer you can actually have them plug into the truck and the codes that can be added will be highlighted. you can take a screenshot of that and then you would know what codes can be added by the dealer for your particular truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
...If you want to know which codes can be added by your dealer you can actually have them plug into the truck and the codes that can be added will be highlighted. you can take a screenshot of that and then you would know what codes can be added by the dealer for your particular truck.

This is sound advice. (I am worried I would turn on something in A.E. which might break something else.)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The codes that can be added is varied depending on what trim level your truck is. All of the codes are in all the BCM's but the dealer can only activate codes that are allowed by Chrysler. For example they cannot activate the power folding mirror (LER) code in an Express or a Tradesman even though the code is present in the BCM but they can in a Laramie. They can activate the blinker/puddle light (LEB and LEC) codes in the Express/Tradesman though.

I had “LER” activated by the dealer on my tradesman.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only way your dealer could have activated the LER code on a Tradesman was to go through WIC ( warranty information center) many people have tried to get the code added and it's almost always denied by Chrysler especially lately because they really started cracking down on it. You are fortunate to have a dealer that went the extra mile for you and got Chrysler to activate the code. I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to get it done now I know a lot of people have tried with no success that's why OBD Genie sells so many of the mirror activation genies.