SCAMMED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just a FYI, I was scammed by a person using Zelle. Do not use Zelle as once you hit the send payment button your bank will not help you out as it states on the site all payments are final. I was contacted by a person on this forum, who told me he knew a person who was selling rear tail lights (LED) for a ram truck. I should have trusted my feelings as the waring signs were there I just ignored them. I do not know if I can post email address on this site if so I will update.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Just a FYI, I was scammed by a person using Zelle. Do not use Zelle as once you hit the send payment button your bank will not help you out as it states on the site all payments are final. I was contacted by a person on this forum, who told me he knew a person who was selling rear tail lights (LED) for a ram truck. I should have trusted my feelings as the waring signs were there I just ignored them. I do not know if I can post email address on this site if so I will update.
Damn, sucks that that happened. For future reference, the telltale signs of a scam are if the person just joined RamForum that day, and/or if they have few or no posts showing in their profile. These PoS's usually will say that they know a guy who's got something. Most of the time our net catches this kind of thing, but nothing's 100%.

When you get something like this, please use the Report function that is in every post and message. We can deal with the scammer/spammer right then and there. Please go back to your message and hit Report so I can get rid of this guy.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If zelle is tied to a credit card you can still protest the payment. I wouldn't listen to what zelle says is final either. Banks can and do reverse charges, just not as easily as credit cards.

Note to all, always use credit cards or credit card backed transactions for online purchases. If they tell you they think you're the scammer for wanting to perform a transaction securely, chances are they may be the scammer.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Dam, that sucks. I never use any payment method that does debits from my bank account. I always use a credit card.

Paypal still keeps hounding me to connect my bank account to my Paypal so I can be "verified". Not being "verified never stopped me from making a single Paypal purchase. Not sure if it has changed but last I checked since Paypal is not a bank if they are hacked or one of their admins goes rogue and cleans out your bank account you are SOL. They tried to tell me it would be covered by my bank. I verified with the bank this is not true.

OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Zelle is not tied to any bank card. I called NFCU and due to the fact it was not linked to my Debit/Credit card nothing I can do. It is a direct pull from your bank account. That is why I am letting this from know so other people will not fall to the clowns.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks, he's gone.
Just a thought, but having all offers/questions be mandatory within the OP's thread might scare off scammers.
Also not allowing 3rd party 'straw man' offers via email. Offers in thread or PM only.
Just random thoughts on how to fight evil...

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Just a thought, but having all offers/questions be mandatory within the OP's thread might scare off scammers.
Also not allowing 3rd party 'straw man' offers via email. Offers in thread or PM only.
Most of that is above my pay grade, oh, wait.. My free grade LOL!
The scams usually only happen in the PMs, that's part of the problem. People are responding to these a-h's instead of just hitting report right away.
Thanks for the suggestions. The scam evil is real... :flamingdevil:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Scammers gonna scam...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There’s a possible one or 2 looking for running boards lately and are dead set on paying for shipping . . . which is real suspect as running boards cost a pretty penny to ship due to ridiculous size and weight. Might want to take a look @rule18 and @MADDOG

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s a possible one or 2 looking for running boards lately and are dead set on paying for shipping . . . which is real suspect as running boards cost a pretty penny to ship due to ridiculous size and weight. Might want to take a look @rule18 and @MADDOG
Where at?

Please hit the report button if you see anything suspicious.

FYI, MADDOG is no longer a staff member here. He stepped away for personal reasons. There will be announcement about this and other things soon.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I hope MADDOG is OK
I have known him for quite awhile through forums on Rams

He used to take some beautiful scenery pix from where he worked in the NorthWest

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope MADDOG is OK
I have know him for quite awhile through forums on Rams

He used to take some beautiful scenery pix from where he worked in the NorthWest
He's all good I just talked to him over the weekend and I'm going to visit him this coming weekend. Nothing to worry about.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
When you come across something like that, please hit the Report button. That enables us to go right to it without having to scan through hundreds of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.