Screen corners melting away...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skajaquada77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 Hemi MDS VVT
Well, I am sure it’s not melting away but the top corners have a weird thing going on. It does not affect functionality but it looks almost like water or something leaked thru the back, but I doubt it. Any ideas?
6725F01D-4DDC-4E0B-86A6-53127D2926EC.jpeg

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same issue with mine, currently have a case going with Ram Care to replace it.

Link to my thread on the topic:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Depending on your dealer and Ram Care, you may be able to get it replaced for free, or have some compensation for the cost. My service advisor seems to think Ram will work with me on it, so there's that. Also you can buy a replacement screen for around $100-$150 and replace it yourself. I can link a YouTube video on how to do it if that interests you along with a link to the replacement screen.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robbie Ergle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If your warranty is out,...$949 to replace it from dealership

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If your warranty is out,...$949 to replace it from dealership

He doesn't need to spend that kind of money if he replaces just the screen himself. $100-150 tops for the part plus shipping.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Depending on your dealer and Ram Care, you may be able to get it replaced for free, or have some compensation for the cost. My service advisor seems to think Ram will work with me on it, so there's that. Also you can buy a replacement screen for around $100-$150 and replace it yourself. I can link a YouTube video on how to do it if that interests you along with a link to the replacement screen.

Well, I am sure it’s not melting away but the top corners have a weird thing going on. It does not affect functionality but it looks almost like water or something leaked thru the back, but I doubt it. Any ideas?
View attachment 211470
They way yours are coming off I really wonder how easy it would be to remove the factory anti glare protector?

On the one I removed, the adhesive had a VERY strong hold but yours just appears to be sloughing right off.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Robbie Ergle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Excellent video for replacing the screen. However my complete unit is taking a crap. $847 for the new unit from dealer. I would have went this route if it were just the screen. My issue was not only with the screen but the complete unit.

OP
OP
S

Skajaquada77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I had just bought it certified pre-owned so I have 3,000 miles bumper to bumper fully covered, then power-train to 100,000. I bought it with 29,000, im still on my first 1,500 so i better hurry up and put in a claim!

OP
OP
S

Skajaquada77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When you called Ram Care, how did you describe the issue? Screen delayering? Bubbling?

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Excellent video for replacing the screen. However my complete unit is taking a crap. $847 for the new unit from dealer. I would have went this route if it were just the screen. My issue was not only with the screen but the complete unit.
Sorry to hear that....

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I had just bought it certified pre-owned so I have 3,000 miles bumper to bumper fully covered, then power-train to 100,000. I bought it with 29,000, im still on my first 1,500 so i better hurry up and put in a claim!
You two should get together. If the warranty replaces yours AND if you can somehow keep the radio, you could sell it to Robbie at a better price than the dealership.

To be fair, that price is less than I expected from a dealer considering how much these radios have been selling for recently. It makes the dealership look reasonable?!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had mine replaced last month

Was doing the same thing

Mine is a 2018 & was still under warranty

OP
OP
S

Skajaquada77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had mine replaced last month

Was doing the same thing

Mine is a 2018 & was still under warranty

Did they say what the issue is? Obviously it must be a known issue. Did you have to fight it or did they replace it no questions ask?

OP
OP
S

Skajaquada77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: brought it in to the dealer and no questions asked, ordered and will be replaced within 2 weeks when the unit arrives. But mine was still under warranty luckily, at 30k miles.