Screen possessed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmac22660

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. The touch screen has developed a mind of it's own. It switches screens. The radio switches channels. There's no rhyme or reason. Could it be a fuse or more major?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. The touch screen has developed a mind of it's own. It switches screens. The radio switches channels. There's no rhyme or reason. Could it be a fuse or more major?
No, it’s the touch screen. The 2018 8.4 screens have a defective adhesive on the touch screen. If you look closely at your radio from the side you’ll see bubbles under the glass. Nothing will fix it unless you re-glue the screen which is messy and doesn’t always work. Replace it with a new screen $300-$400 or contact U-connect or Ram Cares for help as you are out of the 3/36 warranty.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly what Atcer2018 said. It’s becomes delaminated over time. My 2018 got gradually worse until it was unusable. FCA replaced the head unit under my lifetime warranty.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So do I have to replace the whole
Screen or just the digitizer screen?
You can do either one. Replacing the whole screen is a lot easier but more expensive. Replacing the digitizer requires removing your old screen and separating the digitizer from the screen. It’s messy and tedious and no guarantee it will work after you’re done but a lot cheaper. It’s your call, personally I’d go for the whole screen replacement with the higher price.