Screen shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone, I just bought my first ram 1500 back in April and since then, my screen has completely shut off and “reset” itself 5 times since then. All times are different and the last 2 happened while I was driving within the same week. the screen freezes and then shuts off and resets. Just wondering if anyone has any idea or has a similar situation. I do plan on taking it in to the dealership just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem. Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What screen? and what's the year of the truck?
If it's the 8.4 radio that acting up, that's been reported here a bunch of times but I wouldn't say it happens a lot. The usual fix is replacement. Depending on what year truck if you have to replace the radio you may want to upgrade to a newer version that supports AndroidAuto/CarPlay.

OP
OP
N

Nino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What screen? and what's the year of the truck?
If it's the 8.4 radio that acting up, that's been reported here a bunch of times but I wouldn't say it happens a lot. The usual fix is replacement. Depending on what year truck if you have to replace the radio you may want to upgrade to a newer version that supports AndroidAuto/CarPlay.
Hey thanks for the reply.
yes it is the 8.4 screen, and it’s a 2021.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Since it's a '21, take it back to the dealership it's under warranty. Take a video of the radio not working so the dealer has a harder time saying NTF (No Trouble Found).
Is this a Classic or DT body?

OP
OP
N

Nino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since it's a '21, take it back to the dealership it's under warranty. Take a video of the radio not working so the dealer has a harder time saying NTF (No Trouble Found).
Is this a Classic or DT body?
It’s the classic body. Thanks, will definitely be taking in. Great tip about recording. Thanks again. Much appreciated

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It’s the classic body. Thanks, will definitely be taking in. Great tip about recording. Thanks again. Much appreciate

It’s the classic body. Thanks, will definitely be taking in. Great tip about recording. Thanks again. Much appreciated
If the dealer tells you what the problem is specifically can you post their response? It may help others with similar issues.