Seat Belt Buckle wiring info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
I replaced my seat belts to a different color third party (blue) to match my new custom blue carpet. The new seat belts came with a new buckle, that has a grey connector with TWO wires.

This is the 3rd party seat belt connector:

image0.jpg

I know this connector will not fit into any Dodge connector, I will solder the two wires. I just don't know WHERE the two wires go in the Dodge wire harness

I have a 2005 Dodge RAM 1500 Tradesman and if I look under the driver's seat there are THREE Dodge grey connectors. One is for the power, and I soldered all the wires to get the powered seats to work. (I installed 2010 leather powered seats to replace my 2005 manual seats). The powered seats work fine, all wired in, I tapped a 12v line. Not sure what the other two grey connectors are, but they HAVE to be the seat belt in one of these three connectors.

I just need to hook up the two wires for the seat belt, so I don't get the dash light and the chime.

Is this the correct Dodge connector under the driver's seat? And it has three wires, not two.

Here is one the grey Dodge connectors under the seat:
[UPDATE: Is this the MEMORY SEAT MODULE?]

image2.jpg
Note the three wires, not two.
image1.jpg

Is this the wrong connector for seat belts? What is this connector?

Here are the other TWO connectors. The one of the left is where I tapped into power for the seats. The grey connector on the right, I have no idea what that is for:

image0.jpg

These last two connectors, the one of the left is the POWER SEAT MODULE, the one on the right not sure, is it the POWER HEAT MODULE?

Where does the TWO seal belt buckle wires go to???????

... any help appreciated.

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why didn't you just repin your old connectors so it'd be plug and play? That's what I did when I put 4th gens in my 03.

OP
OP
D

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
Why didn't you just repin your old connectors so it'd be plug and play? That's what I did when I put 4th gens in my 03.

2010 and 2005 are different gen, and different connectors. Just need to know what 2 wires are the seat belt. And my 2005 had manual seats.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2010 and 2005 are different gen, and different connectors. Just need to know what 2 wires are the seat belt. And my 2005 had manual seats.
Thanks Captain Obvious, I didn't figure this out myself when I did THE EXACT SAME THING lol......

IMAG4642.jpg

To make it look and act like a factory install, I depinned the 4th gen connector from the seat and repinned it in the 3rd gen seat connector so it would plug into the the truck properly. Like so:

IMAG5454.jpg IMAG5456.jpg

The square one coming from the truck handles seat belt and main hot lead to the seat:

IMAG5453.jpg

Depending on what style pins they used in the supplied connector to your new buckle, you still might be able to unpin it and repin into the connector; this is dependent on whether this ever occurred to you and you didn't just trash trash the seats...

OP
OP
D

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
Thanks Captain Obvious, I didn't figure this out myself when I did THE EXACT SAME THING lol.......

No, it is NOT the exact same, the connectors are different between gen seats on Dodge RAM 1500s. So "repinning" in NOT AN OPTION. And you DON'T NEED THE GREY CONNECTOR ANYWAY, you can just connect the correct wires to each other.

So I will repeat my initial question, where do the TWO wires for the seat belt buckle connect to... there are three grey connectors I included in the first post. I went to the Dodge Dealer yesterday to ask, and they said it is probably NOT any of the wires from the three grey connectors on my harness. The dealer said my three connectors are "Power", Heat" and the smaller square one is "Memory". So there is NOT a seat belt wire in any of those three connectors.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No, it is NOT the exact same, the connectors are different between gen seats on Dodge RAM 1500s. So "repinning" in NOT AN OPTION. And you DON'T NEED THE GREY CONNECTOR ANYWAY, you can just connect the correct wires to each other.

So I will repeat my initial question, where do the TWO wires for the seat belt buckle connect to... there are three grey connectors I included in the first post. I went to the Dodge Dealer yesterday to ask, and they said it is probably NOT any of the wires from the three grey connectors on my harness. The dealer said my three connectors are "Power", Heat" and the smaller square one is "Memory". So there is NOT a seat belt wire in any of those three connectors.

OMFG..."the exact same thing" as in swapping in 4th gen seats. I've already done it successfully (apparently you are having issues with this :) ). I'm not gonna argue with you on this. Since you apparently aren't understanding what I'm trying to tell you and obviously you know more, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
OMFG..."the exact same thing" as in swapping in 4th gen seats. I've already done it successfully (apparently you are having issues with this :) ). I'm not gonna argue with you on this. Since you apparently aren't understanding what I'm trying to tell you and obviously you know more, I wish you all the luck in the world.

You are an obnoxious *******. Yes, you should just go away.

THERE ARE THREE GREY CONNECTORS COMING FROM THE HARNESS. MY ORIGINAL MANUAL SEATS HAD ONE CONNECTOR - no power, no heat, no memory module. The PIN COLORS DON'T MATCH UP. I CONNECTED the POWER MODULE pins... it ALL WORKS FINE. ALL 6 motors on the seat work fine. There are 8 wires on the power module connect. One hot lead and ground, and 6 for the motors. The other two grey connectors ARE NOT THE SEAT belt, according to Dodge Dealer. There are no OTHER WIRES left on the three connectors.

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You are an obnoxious *******. Yes, you should just go away.
Just remember, you cast the first stone.
Oh you ain't seen obnoxious, you ******** jersey *****. Tried to ******* help you and your head is so far up your ass you can't listen or understand. Congratulations, you're like every other ignorant twit who doesn't know what the **** they're doing and expects everyone else to fix it for them then totally ignores what they're being told. You could **** up a wet dream. Figure it out yourself, ******* bwahaha

s-l640.jpg

OP
OP
D

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
A good example of the type that should be banned from the forums.

OP
OP
D

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
Hey ********! Count the wires!

Your photo (4 wires)
181262-825e6a4b2cb34a16427d3d5c93377534.jpg

My photo (3 wires)
image1.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Must be from the north end....that proximity to NY makes everyone an ******* up there lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963