Security Module Bypass Cable question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have just about everything I need to start using AlfaOBD, I just need a security module bypass cable since I have a 2019 1500 Classic 5.7. The one I want is the KAodTECH one, but everytime I try to buy it, it is unavailable for my truck. Would the one I found on Amazon work? It says it's for diesel only, but would that make a difference? Any help would be appreciated.
https://www.amazon.com/Krazy-Highwa...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=51TP3JQDS0A3985D8VYR

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I was just in communication with Kaodtech; they were out of stock on a couple of they items needed to build them up.

They should be available again starting tomorrow.

I wouldn’t buy the one on Amazon. This one is tried-and-true, and many of us swear by this cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the cable linked above coming from Amazon today, I'll report back in a few days if everything works or not.

RAMguy1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Have a security bypass module for a 2018 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi $40 + shipping. Module is from kaodtech.com. Message me if interested have a new ram and can’t use any longer.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Old thread but wondering if you got it to work
No, the cable linked from Amazon does not work with the hemi. I ended up sending it back right away and ordering the kaodtech one, which has worked perfectly.

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the cable linked from Amazon does not work with the hemi. I ended up sending it back right away and ordering the kaodtech one, which has worked perfectly.
Yea received mine and don’t even know where to plug it in. Just ordered the koadtech yesterday so waiting around.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea received mine and don’t even know where to plug it in. Just ordered the koadtech yesterday so waiting around.
The kaodtech one is essentially the same, but has the extra canbus plug that you need in gas trucks. Diesels only use 1 I believe. Installation really only takes about 5-10 minutes