Shift knob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have never owned a vehicle with a shift knob. I've mostly had shifters on the column and the console. The all had some form of lock that had to be used to move the shifter from drive to park, etc. A couple of days ago I reached to turn the AC fan down, grabbed the shift knob and rotated it counter clockwise. Alarms went off and it immediately started slowing down. I realized what I had done and moved it back to drive about the same time I was pulling off to the shoulder. Seems like the knob would be "locked" in Drive or Reverse as long as the vehicle was moving. I assume there are built in protection features to prevent transmission damage?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes. The days are long gone that you could accidentally shift your vehicle into reverse because you were getting all excited because your gf was giving you a ******* while you were driving.

Just saying:)

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hahahahah. i don't know who's reading these forums at home. could be a lot of dad's with their young sons learning how to wrench on the Ram. lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old thread but it's going to get hard to get used to the knob from the console shift in my old truck.View attachment 184522 View attachment 184523

Oh I’m so glad my truck doesn’t have that goofy console shifter. I mean don’t get me wrong, I like how you erased some of the goofyness with that aftermarket T handle but still, I like my rotary dial shifter much better if I couldn’t have the column shifter. 70b31f55aef5f56c2eac4eb19e68191c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s the link for the knob...
B&M 81166 Black Shift Knob Dash Mounted https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZNT3X1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IfaUDbZTCJZCW

Here’s the link for the 3D custom Mopar decal that I had specifically made to cover the B&M logo on the new knob. You’ll just have to message the guy and tell him what you want. He’s got other designs already but that Mopar one I have pictured was custom. And it’s a custom size at 1.5 inches. He normally makes them at an inch and 7/16ths to cover the OEM knob

Oh, and I don’t have it pictured but, I have the decal now situated to where the top-middle part of the Mopar “M” actually points at each gear selection.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264420366898

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Judy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. The days are long gone that you could accidentally shift your vehicle into reverse because you were getting all excited because your gf was giving you a ******* while you were driving.

Just saying:)

*******? This is modern day......