Shifter Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlitzBound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
had the new truck for a few weeks- absolutely love it... I probably should not read so much about the problems with the ‘19’s cause I’m getting a little obsessive... Anyway, I am having a shift knob OR transmission issue once or twice a day. If it ar idle for a while on P, I shift to D and get nothing- like it isn’t in gear... sometimes I have to turn engine off and start it again to fix it... sometimes I can just put it into R and it will work.
This doesn’t happen frequently and honestly, if I didn’t read so much about possible transmission issues, it wouldn’t bother me so much- there is no lurching or noises... guess it’s time to take back to dealer... by the way, it is a Bighorn crew with Hemi... no eTorque.

OP
OP
BlitzBound

BlitzBound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m not sure why my thread title looks so crazy- should just say shifter issues!

OP
OP
BlitzBound

BlitzBound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
posted thus by accident in electronics... had the new truck for a few weeks- absolutely love it... I probably should not read so much about the problems with the ‘19’s cause I’m getting a little obsessive... Anyway, I am having a shift knob OR transmission issue once or twice a day. If it ar idle for a while on P, I shift to D and get nothing- like it isn’t in gear... sometimes I have to turn engine off and start it again to fix it... sometimes I can just put it into R and it will work.
This doesn’t happen frequently and honestly, if I didn’t read so much about possible transmissionissues, it wouldn’t bother me so much- there is no lurching or noises... guess it’s time to take back to dealer... by the way, it is a Bighorn crew with Hemi... no eTorque.

jimmyglendale

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
my ram has acted up 4 times in first 1200 miles, put it in gear, and it doesn't go into drive, then if igive it some gas it lurches into drive. Hasn't done it in last 600 miles now, mileage 1800, dealer said he could not duplicate the issue. No flash upgrades or recalls available.