Side Mirror Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Hey everyone. I’ve been slowly working away trying to make my truck how I want it while being as stingy as possible. I have an express with the stock folding mirrors. I got an amazing deal on mirrors with the lower turn signals and puddle lights. I wanted to know if anyone has swapped them out and has any tips and if anyone has replaced them with the smoked lens, either morimoto or any Amazon specials. Thank you in advance. (P.S. I’ll post a pic of my truck eventually I just want to get the wheels painted first)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone. I’ve been slowly working away trying to make my truck how I want it while being as stingy as possible. I have an express with the stock folding mirrors. I got an amazing deal on mirrors with the lower turn signals and puddle lights. I wanted to know if anyone has swapped them out and has any tips and if anyone has replaced them with the smoked lens, either morimoto or any Amazon specials. Thank you in advance. (P.S. I’ll post a pic of my truck eventually I just want to get the wheels painted first)
It's pretty easy to swap (1 hour for first timers). It will require that you take the front door panels and sail panels off though. In addition, you will need a tool like AlfaOBD to turn the mirror's lights on in the BCM for them to function.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I replaced mine with the Morimoto smoked sequential ones. I like them over the stock ones.

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
It's pretty easy to swap (1 hour for first timers). It will require that you take the front door panels and sail panels off though. In addition, you will need a tool like AlfaOBD to turn the mirror's lights on in the BCM for them to function.
I'm pretty sure the guy sold me 2 different mirrors, the glass was yellowed so i was going to pop them out to check the interior but one came out just fine and the other wouldnt budge and the interior looked like it was different, one also looked longer

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm pretty sure the guy sold me 2 different mirrors, the glass was yellowed so i was going to pop them out to check the interior but one came out just fine and the other wouldnt budge and the interior looked like it was different, one also looked longer
Do you have a picture?

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Do you have a picture?
I didn't take one, i took the mirror glass out and they were 2 separate assemblies. one was factory OEM from a bighorn i believe. the other was an aftermarket i found on AmericanTrucks. I broke the mirror on the AT one so i think ill just order the OE style one and not get frustrated.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I didn't take one, i took the mirror glass out and they were 2 separate assemblies. one was factory OEM from a bighorn i believe. the other was an aftermarket i found on AmericanTrucks. I broke the mirror on the AT one so i think ill just order the OE style one and not get frustrated.
I might have a spare mirror glass that will fit I'd send to you for free (just pay shipping). I'm a spare parts hoarder...Conversely, does your old mirror glass fit?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i have an image of a oem 2009 - 2018 Ram
some have the power folding, others do not
1715725622314.png

non power folding

1715726211148.png

1715726371898.png

1715726489077.png

OP
OP
G

GapperGus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I might have a spare mirror glass that will fit I'd send to you for free (just pay shipping). I'm a spare parts hoarder...Conversely, does your old mirror glass fit?
The mirror glass will fit. After spending a gross amount of time digging around on the mopar store I found the replacement glass part number for the oem mirror i bought and then the models that it would fit was what the mirror was off of, so they’re the exact same so I’m just gonna swap the driver side mirror after I make sure everything in it still works. And then AT has an OE replacement style that’s identical to the one I bought. So all in all I only saved like. 50 bucks. But now as I’m typing this I realized that’s enough saved for a lot of the Amazon specials lights for them. I’ve done a lot of stuff that I’m proud of to this truck so far for so cheap. I don’t know where to talk about it on here though

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The mirror glass will fit. After spending a gross amount of time digging around on the mopar store I found the replacement glass part number for the oem mirror i bought and then the models that it would fit was what the mirror was off of, so they’re the exact same so I’m just gonna swap the driver side mirror after I make sure everything in it still works. And then AT has an OE replacement style that’s identical to the one I bought. So all in all I only saved like. 50 bucks. But now as I’m typing this I realized that’s enough saved for a lot of the Amazon specials lights for them. I’ve done a lot of stuff that I’m proud of to this truck so far for so cheap. I don’t know where to talk about it on here though
Here's a good thread to talk about cheap mods for our trucks...

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced mine with the Morimoto smoked sequential ones. I like them over the stock ones.
How do you like them? I have thought about doing this as well, but have also read some people saying the aftermarket mirrors aren’t as beefy as the stock ones?