Side view mirror covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to paint the side view mirrors on my 2018 Big Horn. Right now they are just a textured matte black, but I would really like them body color. The mirrors are the power folding non tow mirrors with the turn signal, puddle light and heated glass. Now instead of turning on he truck over to the body shop, I would like to see if anyone knows of covers that can attach right to the mirror itself, either in a body color of choice, or, even in a chrome which I could have my body guy prime and paint body color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was gonna do the same thing, so I got on ebay and got a cheap set of chrome mirror covers, with the intention to scuff the chrome and primer and paint them with duplicolor Chrysler PW7 rattle can. Needless to say, they fit like crap over the mirrors. So now I’m just gonna slowly tape around the original back of the mirror and paint them. I was hoping to avoid all the masking time by getting the mirror covers, but no way I can live with the way they look. Good luck

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. I won’t be able to deal with that either. I’d rather leave them the way they are then put some cover on it that actually looks like a cover that doesn’t fit. I’m gonna keep looking. With all the aftermarket and factory suppport of these 1500’s and their popularity, I can’t believe I can’t find a set of decent mirror covers. Thanks for the quick reply though.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Bigskyroadglide. Took a chance and ordered a set. Looks like it’s coming from no China which doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, but, let’s see. If the fitment is good I will send them to my body who owns a body shop and he can shoot them with PXR Black Granite Metallic before I install. Will keep you posted.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OK
I don't know if your mirrors are like mine

I don't have the tinting mirror glass

I took my mirror glass off, if you should break it, they sell them in the Parts Dept. at your dealership, just walk into that parts dept.

Once the glass is out
grab your screw drivers & wrenches

1631085280941.png

1631085363171.png

1631085576514.png

1631085687460.png

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry some of the above doesn’t make sense. Damn stupid auto correct changes things to what it thinks I want to say and I don’t proof read. Lol

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had i had the black mirror covers i would have just removed them/sanded smooth and had my body guy paint them, but mine were chrome. I bought a donor black set which i used the covers only to have painted and swapped them over.

You can remove your covers and use 1 zip tie where a mounting screw goes to hold it together while they are off being painted, fully functional just a little less aerodynamic lol