Something Under The Driver's Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'm quite new to the forum and I've noticed that when I have the driver's seat down to almost the lowest setting, something under the seat starts to push up on my left butt cheek.

I'm guessing that it's one of the motors. I've taken a quick look and there's nothing other than OEM stuff under the seat.

I'll be taking out both seats this weekend to install new seat foam on the driver's side along with both lower seat replacement covers from Richmond Upholstery in Houston TX. So I might be able to see something out of the ordinary.

But it only seems to be when nearing the lower settings. From about 1/4 the way up to all the way up, there's nothing funky about the seat.

Anyone else have this on their trucks? By the way I have the Laramie option.

Thanks and have a great day and don't overdo anything out in the heat, stay cool and hydrated.

Dan

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum Dan. Been awhile since I had the seat in my 16 bighorn at the lowest setting, but I don't recall feeling anything under the seat. I will double check tomorrow and post back.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm quite new to the forum and I've noticed that when I have the driver's seat down to almost the lowest setting, something under the seat starts to push up on my left butt cheek.

I'm guessing that it's one of the motors. I've taken a quick look and there's nothing other than OEM stuff under the seat.

I'll be taking out both seats this weekend to install new seat foam on the driver's side along with both lower seat replacement covers from Richmond Upholstery in Houston TX. So I might be able to see something out of the ordinary.

But it only seems to be when nearing the lower settings. From about 1/4 the way up to all the way up, there's nothing funky about the seat.

Anyone else have this on their trucks? By the way I have the Laramie option.

Thanks and have a great day and don't overdo anything out in the heat, stay cool and hydrated.

Dan
could it be your wallet

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are some modules under the drivers seat depending on what options you have. I've never had the seat on the lowest setting on my truck so I've never felt that before. Now I'll have to give it a try lol

OP
OP
D

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I wish I could say it's my wallet.... butt that's not the problem... :)

I had all the seat foam off last weekend and replaced it with the new Richmond lower cover. Yes, there's lots of stuff under the seat, but one would "assume" that RAM would have engineered it to not conflict with the seat springs in the down low position.

I don't normally drive in the furthest down position, so I guess it's not an issue, but I did take it down once and it was on the left side that just drove right into my left butt cheek. Very uncomfortable if left like that.

I was just wondering if I had an odd seat or if this was normal. I own Harleys so I'm used to the term, "they all do that"!

Thanks for the comments.

Have a great weekend.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did check mine. Nothing felt in lowest position.

OP
OP
D

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I did check mine. Nothing felt in lowest position.

Thanks.

Not sure if you have the AC seat cooling or not and not sure if in the seat mechanisms are the same between '12 and '16. But yesterday again I lowered it and as part of my butt was going down with the seat right around my left rear pocket the seat started to bulge up. Even when the seat is empty, you can see it bulge up when all the way down.

Oh well, I'll just not drive with the seat all the way down.

Thanks again guys.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks.

Not sure if you have the AC seat cooling or not and not sure if in the seat mechanisms are the same between '12 and '16. But yesterday again I lowered it and as part of my butt was going down with the seat right around my left rear pocket the seat started to bulge up. Even when the seat is empty, you can see it bulge up when all the way down.

Oh well, I'll just not drive with the seat all the way down.

Thanks again guys.

No cooling seats. Just heated electric seats.

OP
OP
D

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'm going to do a major cleansing of the interior again soon and I'll probably take out the front seats and console to get rid of as much of the powder dust that the previous owner accumulated over his 7 years of construction site dirt and filth. It's under the dash and in the carpet.

When I took out the seats to do lower covers, the cooled and heated parts were covered with this dust so much it was caked on like you would not believe. I had to blow everything out after I had it all apart. But at that time I did not move any of the modules. Just pulled out the air passages/pouch etc through the slot in the foam before replacing the foam on the driver's seat. The new foam just went in on top of the springs so it "should" not have changed anything and to be honest I did not check the seat in the down position prior to removing the seat, so I had no need to investigate things before putting it back in the truck.

Thanks all for the replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45