Spark Plug Change From Hell..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great job DIY is way more satisfiying that paying someone to do it.

Not everyone... I would gladly pay a mechanic to contort themselves under the hood to change those plugs... :)

OP
OP
Ceace

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not everyone... I would gladly pay a mechanic to contort themselves under the hood to change those plugs... :)

When I first got my truck and looked under the hood to familiarize myself with everything, I looked at the position of the plugs and first thing was "How in the hell am I going to get all those out?!" LOL I thought of a mechanic, but I am a firm believer that no one will take more care in doing a repair to your vehicle more than YOU.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ceace.... I knew I recognized that name from somewhere: fordfusionclub. I was KoreySE on there (had an 07 Fusion, and later '10 MKZ). 2-2.5 hrs isn't bad for the first plug change. When I had a Hemi Aspen, those owners were saying 3-4 hrs for the first change. When I do my first on the Ram, I just plan to reserve a Sunday.

OP
OP
Ceace

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ceace.... I knew I recognized that name from somewhere: fordfusionclub. I was KoreySE on there (had an 07 Fusion, and later '10 MKZ). 2-2.5 hrs isn't bad for the first plug change. When I had a Hemi Aspen, those owners were saying 3-4 hrs for the first change. When I do my first on the Ram, I just plan to reserve a Sunday.

What's up Korey!? Nice to see a fellow FFC member on here! I started from the back at the fire wall and moved forward since I knew those would be tough. Once I got the hang of it that was all down hill from there. Now, the Fusion is getting plenty of rest because I can't get enough of the 5.7! Beats the hell out of the Fuze's 2.3. But when my wallet behind to get light, I of course swap back over to my little gas saver.

mudjunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am n the process of building a horse shoe style bench I can drive up to becuz I am in the same boat as white beauty and the other boys with lots of lift and as a few other guys I am quite vertically challenged (5.6)on a good day 5foot 7 with my combat boots on hahahaha

OP
OP
Ceace

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am n the process of building a horse shoe style bench I can drive up to becuz I am in the same boat as white beauty and the other boys with lots of lift and as a few other guys I am quite vertically challenged (5.6)on a good day 5foot 7 with my combat boots on hahahaha

Mmmm, sometHing that will wrap around the nose of the truck in a "U" shape? Good idea!

mudjunky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
cuz standing on a cooler sucks you gotta get down move the cooler then get back up then realise you forgot your dam beer on other side of the truck so you gotta get back down il trow up some pictures when im done its cost me noting im building it out of used palets its gonna make working on my lifted truck feel like im working on my extremely low buick gonna make it pretty high as I plan on lifting my truck even higher soon im gonna have to used the set up to even check my oil when im done hahahahaha