Speedometer Calibration Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you guys using to calibrate your speedo? Tuner? I never bought one for my Power Wagon. My speedometer is 3mph over actual. I had so many issues with the Diablo I had for my 14 Ram 1500 5.7, I didn't wanna deal with that crap again. Had to send my pcm in 3 times because the tuner messed it up.

I used the TazerRAM.

Your speedo is reading 3 mph OVER what your actual speed is? As in you put smaller tires on the truck?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the TazerRAM.

Your speedo is reading 3 mph OVER what your actual speed is? As in you put smaller tires on the truck?
he went from 37's to 35's so it must have been corrected by the previous owner for the 37's.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I used the TazerRAM.

Yes, the dealer installed a 4" BDS lift & 37's, and included a Hypertech speedometer calibrator. I hated the 4" lift and didn't want to regear for the 37's.
With the 37's the truck was absolutely gutless. I had to drive in Tow/Haul all of the time just to get it to shift correctly.

I had a local shop remove the BDS and install a Carli Backcountry System and 35" Ridge Grapplers.
I definitely enjoy the 35's more, and don't miss the 37's at all.
The truck has a lot more power, it stays on the road better and still drives over ridiculous stuff as often as possible!

I forgot all about adjusting the settings, have to go do it now!