Squeaking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Arena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright mates I'm going to need your help on this one. I've recently been blessed with annoying squeaking sounds every time I go over a bump, kinda sounds like a bushing squeaking but I sprayed white lithium grease over every that I thought it would be but the squeak still remains. I've replaced every single piece of suspension component, front and back within the last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Alright mates I'm going to need your help on this one. I've recently been blessed with annoying squeaking sounds every time I go over a bump, kinda sounds like a bushing squeaking but I sprayed white lithium grease over every that I thought it would be but the squeak still remains. I've replaced every single piece of suspension component, front and back within the last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Where do you hear the noise coming from?

Front or rear?

Do you have new upper/lower control arm bushings?

What about upper/lower ball joints?

Have you raised the hood bumpers on the upper radiator support to see if it stops squeaking?

Try using a lubricant like WD-40 to see if you can eliminate the squeaking sound. If that does the trick then you can wash everything you sprayed WD-40 on at the car wash and properly lubricate it afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Matthew Arena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I haven't been on to respond, I'm currently dealing with trying to find another front differential assembly because mine cracked

OP
OP
M

Matthew Arena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But yeah all my ball joints and bushings have less than 10k mines on them. I sprayed them down and the noise is still there. Do you think it could be my body mounts?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
But yeah all my ball joints and bushings have less than 10k mines on them. I sprayed them down and the noise is still there. Do you think it could be my body mounts?
What exactly happened to the front diff? Did the axle housing crack or did the actual diff case crack?

For the squeaking sound I have seen the DR body mounts make alot of noise. The design of the body mounts kinda sucks. They hold water really bad and get super rusty inside and can make alot of noise.

OP
OP
M

Matthew Arena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The axle housing cracked, it was towards the end. I'm guessing it had something to do with my cv axle slipping off the axle shaft and it put too much torque onto the housing. When I pulled it apart the cv was able to slide on and off no problem, the clip was somehow missing. Anyway, I've looked and looked for new body mounts for an 2006 dodge ram 1500 and the only ones that exist are OEM ******** that costs $450 to replace all of them on my truck. From my hours and hours of trying to find polyurethane mounts I've found that they don't exist

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I flat out don't think poly replacement body mounts are a thing for our trucks. I've looked everywhere and it seems OEM is about the only choice. As someone who has also been searching for poly body mounts for our trucks forever, there is simply NOTHING offered lol

Upper control arms, both sets of ball joints, sway bar links and bushings, shocks have been replaced. One of the lower ball joints folded (somehow) so it looks like I'll be replacing those AGAIN. A bushing on the power steering box has ripped, but to replace that bushing I'll have to replace the entire piece, which I'll put off until I notice its a major problem (not leaking yet!)

Even after replacing all that, I have some loud squeaks from the front when going over bumps, some less noticable screeching noise from the bed, AND THEN the most annoying, I have a creaking noise when the trucks weight shifts. Turns, opening doors, even when people climb in my truck it lets out a long and loud creaking noise.