Squeek with windows down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natec003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I have a 2015 sport with about 72000 miles. Over the last month I've begun to notice a squeek/chirping noise coming from what seems to be the drivers side when the windows are down. It cannot be heard with windows up. It is most noticeable at lower speeds between 25-35 mph, and seems to happen more with vibration vs. Going over larger bumps. It is absent when traveling on even pavement. The shop I use for my oil changes/tire rotations and other maintenance heard the noise while driving the truck, but could not reproduce it while on their hoists. They also checked breaks/calipers with my tire rotation and has ruled them out. It is absolutely driving me nuts, and with trying myself to determine what could be causing it I've noticed the noise is more prominent with wheel turned to the left, and does not occur with wheel turned to the right (I did not realize this prior to having the shop look at it). If anyone has any brilliant ideas, I would appreciate any input and will try to provide any further info as needed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Possibly the wheel bearing at the beginning stage of going bad? If it was one of the CV joints, the noise would likely happen turning in both directions.