Started a case with RAM today - lemon law??

Do your heated seats stay on

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I appreciate all the help everyone. I unfortunately bit the bullet and traded the truck in. After everything, including how FCA pretty much gave us the finger, I just didn't want to continue with the truck. Like I mentioned, there were some other smaller issues the truck was having that helped me just turn it in. I ended up getting a used 2016 F150 - I had to pocket out some money but in the end I'm happy to be out of that truck. Once again, I appreciate all of you all trying to help. I'm still disappointed FCA wouldn't step up and make things right but I guess it is what it is. I probably won't be lurking around on here too much more. But if I can help anyone with anything else, shoot me a PM and I'll get that to me email.
Well in the end as long as your happy that’s all that matters. Good luck with your new ride and enjoy it.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well in NM, they would lose. Especially with how long his truck was in the shop. So it’s not ridiculous if he bought a truck with features he expected to work and they didn’t.

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper Stt MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well in NM, they would lose. Especially with how long his truck was in the shop. So it’s not ridiculous if he bought a truck with features he expected to work and they didn’t.

You should go read the New Mexico lemon laws. He would lose just like he did in Florida.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You should go read the New Mexico lemon laws. He would lose just like he did in Florida.

Well actually, false. Not that first hand experience means anything here, but it’s 4 attempts or 30 business days. Been down that road with my 2003 Silverado. For the steering wheel radio and driver info center buttons.

37 business days(not including weekends)and 7 attempts. Guess who got a new truck?

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty certain that lemon laws typically apply to drivetrain, suspension, or other safety factors.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My state says any manufacturer defect. Also depends on the lawyer and how he wants to argue it. I was successful because I ensured my problem met the criteria of the law.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And the arm chair lawyers are back at it again....[emoji897][emoji897] ready to go.

Yeah man, first hand experience doesn’t mean crap here! LoL I’ve still got cold beer for you.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
IMO, anyone that says he should just accept that the seat doesn't work and live with it is a *******, a vehicle and ALL installed and paid for options should work, especially when you pay 50k + for it. As far as the Lemon Law issue I can't blame him for trying that since the dealer & FCA said we have your money so eat ****.

Iampeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Im starting to wonder if its *all* 2018s with the issue, so "swapping out" might not really help (unless they put him in a 19 but I thought OP said they were too far apart on pricing)

I havent seen anyone with 2017 or earlier complain about this....I wonder what changed?
I just bought a 2014 and the seats and steering wheel heaters don’t work.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well it didnt catch fire, did it....
Sorry couldn't resist..:D

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have checked and rechecked all connections and fuses. They turn themselves off after 3-4 seconds. Doesn’t even give me time to see if I have power at the fuse box.

Same issue the op had. Many believe it is a programing issue. Have owned the truck since new ?

Bee1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport 4x4
Engine
345 Hemi
Flip side - Long read

Been looking for a vehicle to replace my wife’s at the time daily driver back and forth to work

2001 Pontiac Sunfire that we purchased new - Best vehicle I have ever owned - Just turned the 300,000 mile mark and the engine valve cover has never been removed , motor has never been touched other then plugs and the manual trans is still running the factory clutch and pressure plate - Drivetrain is flawless - To bad the frame around it didn’t last

Anyways

I never thought I would buy a FCA buy back lemon vehicle - Honestly never crossed my mind

Been looking at Jeep Renegades for a few years now

Chrysler dealership right up the road who I have purchased from before and know the owner and a few salespeople

They have more then a few FCA buy backs over the years

Came across a 2017 Jeep Renegade with only 5,000 miles under the hood - Car was from CA , one owner lady

Was hesitant on buying it because of the lemon law title , and yes it’s branded as such on the vehicle

But was given the keys with nothing signed , and had it for almost a week to drive

Went over it with a fine tooth comb , put it on my neighbors lift , blah blah

Went through the service records on why it was bought back from Chrysler

Nothing stood out - Air cleaner assembly was replaced - Front rotors - ECM update and weatherstripping

But the one thing that stood out was the rear door weatherstripping above the door was replaced four times in CA and looked separated again here in WI

Anyways I asked the dealership to replace it again before purchase - Well it didn’t last a week before it separated again - Finally brought it back to the body shop and the manager and myself took the door panel off and noticed the window regulator was causing the window to come up to high and taking the weatherstrip with it

We both figured it left the factory that way with a bad window regulator

They had it for a few days - New window regulator once - New weatherstripping sixth time later

Jeep has been flawless the few months I have owned it - I love it

2017 Jeep Renegade Sport / 1.4 Turbo and Six Speed Manual (Only reason my wife wanted it )

Full factory warranty 3 year 36,000 miles - Full powertrain warranty

MSRP $23,000 window sticker

Bought it for $13,500 plus tax

Thank you weatherstripping / window regulator under factory warranty for the price of $ 9,500 in savings - Well not really if you look at depreciation, lemon buyback , but I get the picture

But man I love this thing - Drivetrain is so smooth with the manual trans and 1.4 Turbo

Bee1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport 4x4
Engine
345 Hemi
So a simple weatherstripping replaced numerous times - Maybe she hired an attorney in CA

Who knows - Maybe she didn’t like driving a manual transmission

Anyways just goes to show something so simple can cause a lemon law buy back and maybe an attorney and maybe her mouth and maybe

LOL

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Flip side - Long read

Been looking for a vehicle to replace my wife’s at the time daily driver back and forth to work

2001 Pontiac Sunfire that we purchased new - Best vehicle I have ever owned - Just turned the 300,000 mile mark and the engine valve cover has never been removed , motor has never been touched other then plugs and the manual trans is still running the factory clutch and pressure plate - Drivetrain is flawless - To bad the frame around it didn’t last

Anyways

I never thought I would buy a FCA buy back lemon vehicle - Honestly never crossed my mind

Been looking at Jeep Renegades for a few years now

Chrysler dealership right up the road who I have purchased from before and know the owner and a few salespeople

They have more then a few FCA buy backs over the years

Came across a 2017 Jeep Renegade with only 5,000 miles under the hood - Car was from CA , one owner lady

Was hesitant on buying it because of the lemon law title , and yes it’s branded as such on the vehicle

But was given the keys with nothing signed , and had it for almost a week to drive

Went over it with a fine tooth comb , put it on my neighbors lift , blah blah

Went through the service records on why it was bought back from Chrysler

Nothing stood out - Air cleaner assembly was replaced - Front rotors - ECM update and weatherstripping

But the one thing that stood out was the rear door weatherstripping above the door was replaced four times in CA and looked separated again here in WI

Anyways I asked the dealership to replace it again before purchase - Well it didn’t last a week before it separated again - Finally brought it back to the body shop and the manager and myself took the door panel off and noticed the window regulator was causing the window to come up to high and taking the weatherstrip with it

We both figured it left the factory that way with a bad window regulator

They had it for a few days - New window regulator once - New weatherstripping sixth time later

Jeep has been flawless the few months I have owned it - I love it

2017 Jeep Renegade Sport / 1.4 Turbo and Six Speed Manual (Only reason my wife wanted it )

Full factory warranty 3 year 36,000 miles - Full powertrain warranty

MSRP $23,000 window sticker

Bought it for $13,500 plus tax

Thank you weatherstripping / window regulator under factory warranty for the price of $ 9,500 in savings - Well not really if you look at depreciation, lemon buyback , but I get the picture

But man I love this thing - Drivetrain is so smooth with the manual trans and 1.4 Turbo

Wow, good for you ! Its sad the dealership wasn't able to fix this for the original owner.