Steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCKable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the radio I have in my 2018 1500. I don’t have steering wheel controls but thinking about getting that upgrade kit. I assume there should be a connector on the harness for steering wheel controls hopefully its taped up but if don’t see any connector behind the radio is it safe to say I’d be wasting my money buying the upgrade? Or is there a harness out there to go from steering wheel to radio?

Attachments

• IMG_7294.jpeg
    IMG_7294.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Contact Benny at All Mopar Parts in vendor section. He can get part ordered for you. Have to remove steering wheel but plug and play. I did it in mine.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you just need to add the buttons and steering wheel harness no programing they will just work . Contact Benny. When i added Bluetooth i got the mic and harnesses from m2mods and ordered the steering button . im pretty sure you can find a write up about in the forums somewhere .or check you tube. Send benny your vin# and he can tell you the exact parts to make it all work

Last edited:

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is the radio I have in my 2018 1500. I don’t have steering wheel controls but thinking about getting that upgrade kit. I assume there should be a connector on the harness for steering wheel controls hopefully its taped up but if don’t see any connector behind the radio is it safe to say I’d be wasting my money buying the upgrade? Or is there a harness out there to go from steering wheel to radio?
To pile on to what the others said, the steering wheel controls send signals over the vehicles CANBUS so their is not a direct connection so to speak from the buttons on the wheel to the radio itself. Save with HVAC controls, there are controls on the radio, but those commands also get sent out over the CANBUS network to the appropriate module...

OP
OP
RCKable

RCKable

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7