Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Long story short, got into an accident after they fixed my truck (2019 ram 1500) the steering was not centered. It’s towards the left even on flat surface, I took it back same day I got it because I thought it was the alignment they assured me it was all in specs but agreed to check it again. Next day went to pick it up same issue my question is, is there an easy way to center the steering wheel myself? I know it should be slightly tilted for road curvature but it’s at an obvious wrong spot.

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had 4 alignments in first 2 months. No vehicle accidents. Not sure what the cause was. Not sure if dealer even did an alignment the first 3 times. 4th alignment, shop gave me the printout of work and wouldn't you know it they finally fixed it.

IMG_1469.JPG

OP
OP
D

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I went to talk to my sales person told him everything that happened and that I’m over it and ready to trade. He told me hold on let him find out what’s going on and why it’s not fixed. He texted the body shop manager and they had me bring it back, I got it back same day everything was fixed this time he told me he test drove it to be sure. Don’t give up tell them try again they can rotate the steering wheel without messing with the alignment. They also showed me a specs sheet the third time I took it I said i don’t care what it says it’s wrong.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I used to do alignments when I was a young man, and the first thing I did after putting it on the rack was to center the steering wheel and lock it down. Seems to me it was a matter of having someone do the work who either wasn't well trained to do alignments, or didn't care enough to properly center the steering wheel.