Stereo problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric0782

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2004 Ram with the Infinity sound system and in-dash navigation system RB2. I had the system replaced last year with a refurbished unit. Last tuesday I drove the truck for a total of 20 min, stereo worked fine, when i got back in the truck 30min later the stereo didn't come on or even light up. Though if i turn the ignition on and the parking lights on the stereo lights up but immediatly shuts off the minute i hit the power button or start the engine. I've checked the fuses and the wiring everything seems to be getting power. Is there any advice on the matter or would it be better to just replace the whole stereo system??

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. :) Not sure what your issue may be, but am bumping so others can chime in and help you out.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome,

I would guess that the radio is just about to crap out....

rex450se

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm only thinking this because of the stereos behavior with the ignition turned, but maybe a bad ignition switch. I really have no idea, but it might be something to consider.

Also, welcome to the forums. I haven't been here long, but like it already.

Victor

shimmy2169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes it sounds like an internal problem in the deck to me. Would you happen to have a warranty?

OP
OP
Eric0782

Eric0782

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Warranty expired about 3 months ago on the unit. I ended up having it tested and come to find out the power supply crapped out on it. I am now looking into an aftermarket set up but tend to find very little info on wiring around the infinity sound system.

ramfanatic

Banned
Reaction score
check the grounds on the radio had same problem with a aftermarket radio and it was the ground wire not making good ground