Still No IPhone 12 Connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grubin648

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2021 Larime will still not connect to the UConnect wifi. My wife can with her 11. My 12 will connect without issue in my 2020 Highlander. Its not an iPhone issue Verizon and apple have told me ….I’ve called connect and they haven’t a clue. My truck goes into my dealer next month for an inner door replacement and I’ve asked for them to contact Ram on this issue I use this more than most of the options. I’m hoping this can be resolved or after over 15 mopar products this might be the last

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I could help U, I got an I Phone 11. Here are some senile thoughts from this Boird: I got 8.4 Uconnect 4 radio only in MY 19.
Did U check and see if Carplay and Sirius is enabled for the Uconnect on yer phone? I have Uconnect connection/Carplay on auto, but if I go to manual and turn off and forget to re-enable, truck will not find the phone. Just a thought. Also, R U using cable connection or can you use wi-fi, if in the higher trim you use? Maybe try a lighting apple cable instead and see if that connects instead of Bluetooth/wi-fi. I have a lower trim Bighorn and my only option is a cable.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of your friends have a 12 that they could try? My 12 is probably the worst iphone I have ever owned. Constant wifi and gps issues. Hotspot on it absolutely sucks!
WHY I stayed with my 11. AT & T keeps trying to give me a credit and go to 5G on a 12. My thought was what for? LOL...

Fisherman95338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 gas
Finally found the right number and got tech support for Iphone (Car Talk) on UConnect. They said try a new iphone cable, waited for me to go to the house and get a first class cable with Shielding which I had bought for tablet. Yeah right, but guess what it worked. The other Iphone cable worked in with Iphone 7, with 12 and Computer, downloaded music, updates, etc, but for whatever reason it did not work with "Car Talk". I suspect there was too much electronic noise in vehicle, my dogs don't like riding in the truck when the stereo is on, maybe they knew something.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 12 and it works with an off brand cable. Glad you got it to work though :cheers: