Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight pipe vs twister flo pro

Discussion in 'Engine and Performance' started by 2batruck, Jul 24, 2019.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. 2batruck

2batruck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I just installed a flo pro with twister on my 3500 2016 ram. But I cant really hear too much rumble inside the cab. Wondering if I should just go straight pipe or will that create too much drone? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

2. BWC

BWC Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    No experience with the twister but why are you wanting to straight pipe? Either way I dont think the drone is too bad on a 6.7 but it all depends on someones preference. Cops could give you a hard time too depending on the city/town

3. Dennis Shellito

Dennis Shellito Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins IBS
    The 6.7L Cummins are harsh and horribly loud without a muffler. They are not cool and sexy sounding like the straight piped 5.9L. I have a 6.7 that is tuned and deleted and it has a muffler and I still can't hear the radio as well as I would like. FWIW

4. DodgeDude99

DodgeDude99 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    I bought a 5” TBE from Rudy’s (he called it house brand, looks like FloPro) and 1st started with the straight pipe, way to obnoxious for my taste. Added his 30” “house brand” muffler, it was a lot better. I can actually hear the engine over the exhaust and still hear the radio.